Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] bring Canvas to other platforms (Desktop, Tablet, TV, consoles)

I, for one, actually like the Canvasing ideas on songs. To be honest, I wish there was more as I have my phone on a charging dock on my desk next to my monitor (audio bluetoothed to my stereo) and I can't help but think that the idea of the canvas should be expanded to tablets and the desktop app. I think its a nice surprise, even if its only a few seconds on a loop for the length of the song.  I'm sure over time you'll add more to iconic songs of the past as you also keep adding them to newly released tracks.

I see there are plenty of other users out there that don't particularly care for the option. That's fine; it's not for everybody. I still think it should be expanded upon. When I'm using airplay at home to listen to music, it always gets my attention when the canvases pop up, but this doesn't happen when I have my iPad on airplay, just iPhone. The canvas seems like a more lively visual compared to just a plain 'Now Playing' screen. Just something to consider. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
anthonystealey

That's what i'm sayin'!! Spread the word!!

anthonystealey

403/500 votes already?! That's insane. Keep that traction coming and the devs will grace us with their presence. We must follow the path to ascension!

Mihnea5tyle

lets go

100 more

WE ARE ALMOST THEREEEE

Mihnea5tyle

80 more lets gooooo

anthonystealey

That's what I'm talking about! Let's goooooooooo!! Give this thing the attention it deserves.

Moftan

Spotify - please do this. There are decades worth of wonderful videos to expose to the music world. There was so much that MTV rarely or never showed that is just priceless video art. 

This voting for this feature is silly. If Apple had asked their users if they wanted the iPhone before it was released then nobody would have been interested since it was completely different from what was available at the time. Especially if they had asked on some obscure forum that few ever visit..

Please do this and give all this music video art a platform!

anthonystealey

Love that point! More ways for the artists of old and new to express their content on Spotify has my vote. Let that artistic energy flow! Spotify - PLEASE do this!!!

Mihnea5tyle

438/500 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Bob1847428

Having something other than the static alternate cover art that currently shows would be nice.  This would be an incredible feature for parties.  I honestly can’t believe people have been asking for this since 2019 and it still hasn’t happened, it’s not exactly a

complicated.  

Just imagine how nice this would look on a 4K tv or on a MacBook 🤤

Mihnea5tyle

444/500

we makin it