Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] bring Canvas to other platforms (Desktop, Tablet, TV, consoles)

I, for one, actually like the Canvasing ideas on songs. To be honest, I wish there was more as I have my phone on a charging dock on my desk next to my monitor (audio bluetoothed to my stereo) and I can't help but think that the idea of the canvas should be expanded to tablets and the desktop app. I think its a nice surprise, even if its only a few seconds on a loop for the length of the song.  I'm sure over time you'll add more to iconic songs of the past as you also keep adding them to newly released tracks.

I see there are plenty of other users out there that don't particularly care for the option. That's fine; it's not for everybody. I still think it should be expanded upon. When I'm using airplay at home to listen to music, it always gets my attention when the canvases pop up, but this doesn't happen when I have my iPad on airplay, just iPhone. The canvas seems like a more lively visual compared to just a plain 'Now Playing' screen. Just something to consider. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
martinstockwell

Please can you enable the canvas loops to play in the background on head units for Android Auto and Apple Car play. 

It's a cool feature and since it's not a video doesn't fall under the same regulations as video playing distractions on head units.

epicmango

Would be awesome to have on second monitor instead of Youtube 👍

The fullscreen is nice but the background is often just one color, pretty boring

Thorien

I dont understand why on tablet which is only bigger phone we cannot use canvas. 🙄

Mooncake_361

This is probably a dud.. But is there any update from Spotify team? To my understanding, the latest update is from June 2021.. So nearing 2 years.. 🙂

Canvas, or any kind of graphics would be so much better than a still picture when streaming music on TV's (personally Android TV for me, on Nvidia Shield)

EmSiTi

The canvas feature. It would be nice to see it available across all platforms. Thanks for all the work and dedication that's going into making this happen.

christiewink

When I stream Spotify through my TV, Computer, or a Tablet, it would be cool if it had something other than just the album art so it was more interative. Like the 'music video' visualizer that is on the phone for some songs or just like the old school Microsoft music visualizer. Thanks!

YOOOOO i ligit thought it was full music videos. Please make this new generation MTV ihave be trying to trun it on my PC but come to find out its mobile only and just a silly lil loop how dissapointing. come on bros it is way past new mellinium

andreasandrews

I decided that I really wanted this to happen, so naturally I end up here and voting.

Firstly I'd like to share my own ideas at this stage. I was thinking of using Bluestacks (Android emulator) on my PC in order to create the experience on desktop using the mobile app on a hyperV (hypervisor/emulator) running on Windows 10. The issue I have with that is that my Bluestacks 4 (and 5) are not running very well on my PC, and it would be awesome to see this as a native feature or something that is possible with a workaround.

In the meantime, be sure to check out https://kaleidosync.com/ which is a Spotify visualiser for those of you who love to see some visuals running in sync with your music ❤️

HamishT07

The feature of background videos/gifs for certain albums is currently only supported on mobile. This should be implemented in all devices similar to the karaoke feature.

Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-07-16

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!