Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] bring Canvas to other platforms (Desktop, Tablet, TV, consoles)

I, for one, actually like the Canvasing ideas on songs. To be honest, I wish there was more as I have my phone on a charging dock on my desk next to my monitor (audio bluetoothed to my stereo) and I can't help but think that the idea of the canvas should be expanded to tablets and the desktop app. I think its a nice surprise, even if its only a few seconds on a loop for the length of the song.  I'm sure over time you'll add more to iconic songs of the past as you also keep adding them to newly released tracks.

I see there are plenty of other users out there that don't particularly care for the option. That's fine; it's not for everybody. I still think it should be expanded upon. When I'm using airplay at home to listen to music, it always gets my attention when the canvases pop up, but this doesn't happen when I have my iPad on airplay, just iPhone. The canvas seems like a more lively visual compared to just a plain 'Now Playing' screen. Just something to consider. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Giovanni251

I wish to have this too on my Ipad

anthonystealey

450!!! 50 TO GO!!! Spotify, please notice us!

anthonystealey

461! AH!

lturnes2

I think canvas makes so much more sense  on the TV  (For parties etc) rather than on your phone, where you listen while on the go (not watching your screen)

anthonystealey

TV, phone, tablet, whatever you want! Let's go!!

anthonystealey

Keep spreading the word. Give this post some love!

475 and a confusing momento, wth they até waiting for... 

anthonystealey

Boost this to all your friends. Tweet about it. Do whatever it takes.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

anthonystealey

@Mario YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!