Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] bring Canvas to other platforms (Desktop, Tablet, TV, consoles)

I, for one, actually like the Canvasing ideas on songs. To be honest, I wish there was more as I have my phone on a charging dock on my desk next to my monitor (audio bluetoothed to my stereo) and I can't help but think that the idea of the canvas should be expanded to tablets and the desktop app. I think its a nice surprise, even if its only a few seconds on a loop for the length of the song.  I'm sure over time you'll add more to iconic songs of the past as you also keep adding them to newly released tracks.

I see there are plenty of other users out there that don't particularly care for the option. That's fine; it's not for everybody. I still think it should be expanded upon. When I'm using airplay at home to listen to music, it always gets my attention when the canvases pop up, but this doesn't happen when I have my iPad on airplay, just iPhone. The canvas seems like a more lively visual compared to just a plain 'Now Playing' screen. Just something to consider. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
jjap

Please add this ffs

anthonystealey

keep the votes comin'! tell your friends. make this video option happen! we all want this!! much love!!

anabelacc

It should be available on iPad too... the whole experience is corrupted when you want to share the video loops on Instagram and realize you can only do it on the iPhone. Please please! 😊

p_rh-9g1oim5b

It's so plain on the tv, staring at the single colored background. The feature would give the room just a bit more life.

anthonystealey

Yes, please lighten up my life with these canvas features on all devices!

Make it happen!

Share with your friends!

anthonystealey

True! Can we start a reddit on this or something to gain traction? Worth it?

EVOio

This would be great! 

Mooncake_361

Would love to have this on the TV versions of the app. Having a static cover picture on a 65" gets old pretty quickly 

anthonystealey

Right? Burning images into the TV and sh*t. let's go!

Orium

I love this feature on my phone, and would love it even more on my tablet!