Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not know how to listen to your special new feed?

This request is to add the ability to add a podcast from an RSS feed. This opens a lot of doors, and theoretically isn't that difficult to implement.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
13p_mclaf-c4w

this would be an amazing idea spotify please implement this, even if only for premium members

Tsgeek

This is literally the only reason I'm NOT using Spotify as my primary media app. 

treesyjo

Add me to the list of people that are not able to use Spotify as their podcast player since this basic function is not available with Spotify. 

This is the only thing that stops me using Spotify for podcasts. I subscribe to a few different groups on Patreon for the benefit of getting podcasts early. It makes more sense for me to keep all my podcasts in Overcast, and just use the two seperate apps.

It's pretty baffling to me that Spotify don't allow this. C'mon Spotify, you want me to spend more time in your app don't you? I listen to at least three hours of Podcasts a day whilst I work. Think about all that yummy data...

MadAboutStuff

Come on Spotify, how is this not a feature already?! Your app is almost unusable for podcasts until you add this.

Bigg_Bill7

Update: since my last comment I have started listening to several more podcasts, most of which are only available via RSS link. I no longer listen to podcasts on spotify because of this. very disappointing 

moviscop

Couldn’t agree more. Spotify would be my primary podcast app if I could add my Patron feeds. It’s unfortunate.

mcampo2501

I started migrating my podcast subscriptions over to Spotify when the JRE move happened, but I'm losing content now because there's no way to add RSS feeds for premium content.  I can't imagine anyone wants to use a dozen different apps for music and podcasts.  I'll continue to use Spotify for music and JRE, but without manual RSS this isn't a podcast player.  Let me know when this feature becomes available and I can actually have one app for all my media.  Until then this is a music player with one exclusive podcast.

Duganfamily

For the love of all that is holy yes please! We need this feature! I don’t want to leave my Spotify app just to listen to a custom or paid podcast subscription

eightate8

I'd also like this feature.  Some shows, e.g. Rogan are moving exclusively to Spotify.  It'd be nice to consolidate all my podcasts on one player.  Can't do that right now because this feature is missing.  Get with it Spotify, I'm a premium subscriber.