Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add comments to podcasts!

I’ve been listening to Podcasts for a year or two now and one of the biggest components of a great podcast is the comment section.

This is vital for a podcasts success because the comment section is where a podcasts community can connect with each other, which gives the podcast a little bit of flavor

If Spotify can add a comment section to its podcasts page, then it will most definitely kill YouTube podcasting and give you guys most of the market share 😉

and i know you guys love market share

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

slugiscool99

My brain is ITCHING to read other people's takes + write my own opinions while listening to longer podcasts. Would be a huge differentiator with built in network effects. Honestly seems like a no brainer to me. 

Coolgirl97

I think it would be really cool to have the option to comment on podcast episodes (These could be moderated if necessary). It would allow for more of a community and shared experience as a listener, but also for the hosts. In my experience, a lot of hosts like to receive feedback and open discussions with their listeners.

Moreover, to add to this shared communal experience, I think it would be really nice to see the comments posted at particular time stamps. For example, one could be commenting on a particular sound the host makes at a particular moment posting it at that exact time stamp. This way other listeners can see their reaction (and possibly share that sentiment) when that moment comes up. (Soundcloud does something similar, I've attached a photo). 

Coolgirl97_0-1679971278222.png

Kitkat1643

Looking at podcast comments can be a great way to determine if the content is what I'm looking for. Please add a comment section!