Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
Foln

I like the idea of the Drive playlist but I cannot stand listening to the sport segments (podcasts). It sold be possible to stop podcasts in these playlists, or at least have a choice re topics.

Choka38

I use another app for Podcasts and I want to disable Podcasts from Spotify !!! iOS as well

I've joined spotify for music not for stupid podcasts about topics, I have not a shred of interest. I've never listened to even one podcast on spotify, yet it's all over the place. PLEASE let me hide it somehow.

stovi

As someone else said, we need the option in family plans to disable shows/podcasts as they are often completely inappropriate for kids!

alexanderdeath

Spotify is getting worse and worse: we pay a premium charge but they impose podcasts on us (which are also inappropriate for children), we cannot shuffle our library or listen to all the songs of an artist ! If this continues I will switch to Apple music!

hc289

Oh man I made the mistake of listening to one podcast and now they show everywhere, take up a big chunk of my home screen. I hate podcasts, I prefer to read with my eyes. With something I pay this much money for I expect to be able to do the most basic amount of customisation (i.e. hiding podcast content)

Any progress with this?  I'd like to hide all podcasts from Spotify, I never use them but they sit front and center.... please let us remove them

sa124

I highly doubt Spotify will allow users to completely remove podcasts from their experience, as they’re a fundamental part of Spotify’s engagement strategy. I think the better solution is for Spotify to completely overhaul the UX and UI of all versions of its product - and divide the content into two clearly defined streams - music and podcast, rather than lumping them all into one singular feed. 

I use the word “user” as don’t feel Spotify treats it’s community as “customers”. 

Idylla

I agree savagedesign, we’re no longer customers that matter, we are users/the product.

From a purely selfish point of view: I never listen to podcasts, I don’t get the point of them. Never have. However I understand that others do.

The point is, that I would like to control what information is on my Home Screen! If I don’t want to see them, let me toggle them off and let me see more important content. I feel like I’m always listening to the same few playlists at the moment and I want more variety to show up. Make this space for us music lovers.

llllIIIIlllII

hmm year ago and erotic podcasts with **bleep** as pic is still popping up in my main menu when opening client

so much for multibillion company ffs