Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
jaspoid-0934

Came here to submit the same issue, because I also don't listen to podcasts (can't focus on them). But given the fact that Spotify thinks that podcasts are the next big goldmine, I doubt they will change it. Also, this has been on the wishlist since 2019 already. But I do hope we can get a toggle to disable all podcast stuff in the home screen.

FryingDutchman1

I am not interested in podcasts, that is all. 

I suppose it should be quite simple to program a ‘do not show’ button, right? 

DakotaDreamer

Definitely. First it was the Obamas, now Joe Rogan. Get this s**t off my Home page. I am a paying customer and I didn't pay you to shove POLITICAL CONTENT in front of me. 

hasan-ozbey

That's kind of embarassing. I hate podcasts. 

Screenshot_20210603-104812_Spotify.jpg

_-Psycho-_

I use Pocket Casts, and i'd never dream of using Spotify for podcasts. Give me an option to remove it!

mdbailey

Very tired of seeing Joe Rogan's dumb face front and center every time I go to Home on Spotify. I seriously have to scroll to get to music selections?

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

paulove

I have been asking Spotify support on Twitter since August 2019, and same reply every time, we have sent this to the right people. The only reason I haven't switched to a competitor is there is no good enough alternative for me.

Spotify would be perfect if I was able to hide Podcasts. I have been a user for a very long time December 5th 2008.

But I have a limit to how long I can accept advertising in form of Podcasts forced to the top of my Home Screen. 

Please do not dismiss this now, many people will absolutely leave if you don't give us a choice.

Please, be better than this Spotify! 🥺

N30KN1GHT23

Recently played should always be at the top, not podcasts!!!!!!

DakotaDreamer

Maybe Spotify could split into Spotify Music and Spotify Podcasts. Just think, you could get people to directly pay for a podcast subscription instead of "monetizing" paying music customers' experience. Not me but ......