Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
redrig

Will switch to a competitor next month due to podcasts,

I have no fckin interest in them and Spotify keeps suggesting me to listen to them. 

This is a joke. I am paying for premium since 2014. Time to move on.

iririr

I went to Qobuz, a music service.

WynterTheCat

I left for old fashioned iTunes Store. But I've gotten so many damned advertisements from Spotify practically begging me to come back, and I've unsubscribed from so many of them. They're acting like whining children at this point. Here's my answer:

No, Spotify. I will not come back. Not ever. Stop sending me god damned emails. 

Your 1% shot at redemption is the message behind the 52+ pages on this forum. You clearly don't care to listen, so I can count that as an impossibility.

Here's my modern solution to this modern problem:

WynterTheCat_1-1630816007183.png

sand1024

@spotify

Is there any update now?

Over 2000 votes and 52 pages of comments ranting and complaining about this

It's just a switch to put in a settings, do you guys need help programming this? I would do it for free, that's the point where I'm at. 

I can't wait another 12 months with my little hope that is left just for you to say "no we don't like the idea".

We want is an update, not just "we'll see", are you thinking about doing this or just waiting for everyone to forget about this? Be honest and give us an update on what you need or think. 🙂

*rattles pots and pans*

Hello? Hellooo?! HELLO!?

larcorba

😶just 😶

larcorba

Why don't you suggest some more unhidable softcore [p o r n] on the homepage while people are at work Spotify😐

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Hide-erotic-Shows-to-Try/td-p/5090256

Spotify obviously no longer wants me as a customer. My home page is plastered full of stuff I would never listen to and there is no way to remove it. I'm tired of wading through all the **bleep** on the homepage. Between the forced podcast **bleep** taking up my home page and recommending music I would have no interest in, I'm outta here. 

Finn18

I have the same issue here. But it's even worse. I have a podcast that is recommended on my homepage with an offensive nude image. There's no way to hide or remove this so every time I open the app I have to look at this image. It's really gross that Spotify does this. 

WynterTheCat

Step 1 with ANYTHING NSFW: CONSENT. And Spotify isn't asking for our consent. Do they not see how monumental of a problem that is?