Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
richeep

I love that top centre of my screen every day is a podcast I will never listen to called "**bleep**".  Thanks Spotify.

Edit: Spotify forums bleep out the rude word that is displayed on my podcast home screen every day 🤣

marcolopespt

I have a podcaster that i simply HATE!!!!

I DON'T WANT to have that thing on my home screen every time i open the App!!!

Must i quit Spotify???

Why is Spotify recommending podcasters that mean NOTHING to me, and i cannot REMOVE!?!!?

😡😡

crimbly

i do not listen to podcasts. i followed a few with the intent to eventually listen, but i never did.

one released an episode with a gross and uncomfortable thumbnail, and it keeps showing up first thing on my home page. i unfollowed to see if it would go away, and it doesn’t. i dread opening the app. this has happened multiple times with podcasts i've never interacted with as well.

let us hide or turn off podcasts 😞

Loasik

I have never listened to a podcast on Spotify in my intire life and I have to see every **bleep** day the podcast suggestions right bellow my latest music played. Why? I have a subscription already. Why must I be forced to watch these stupid recommendations ALWAYS??? Why am I not allowed to REMOVE PODCASTS from my homepage???

Danoha

@Spotify, you're actively ignoring this issue.

Well, see yall on competing streaming service.

thomasmills89

@Spotify How on earth is an issue with such a simple solution still open? I can overlook the podcasts usually but now I see 'celebrities' on my homepage who I never ever want to hear or even see and I cannot even hide them.

frankcsf

I fear that the podcasts are making Spotify enough money that they are never going to stop trying to push them down our throats. I will have to switch.

I prefer the suggestions made by Spotify over those of Apple, but Apple has a standalone music app, now streams lossless, and Apple pays the musicians more per stream.  Enough for me.  I doubt Apple is any more responsive to their customers, but I am making the switch and hopefully STAMP has moved my playlists correctly.  We shall see.  If anyone has a better method of moving playlists over, please let me know with a reply.  Thanks.

esjayaich

Logging in to spotify to be greeted with jordan petersons mug, urgh, 

It's bad enough you funnel our money to these **bleep**, at the least let us hide that and pretend it's not going on.

HappyCamper

Hi this is now more than 6 months ago, I also have Podcasts on my start page and do not care about. The podcasts take 50&% of my iPhone screen. Just use less. should I better use Tidal?

SquidFace

Frankcsf : I didn’t know Apple pays artists more per stream! That’s good to know. I used an app called Free Your Music to move my playlists over. It’s not perfect (you’ll probably get some weird versions of the songs you import), but it’s really helpful.