Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
RoabertG

It is incredibly annoying because I once played a portion of a random podcast episode so now it seems like it's stuck, unplayed in my feed forever. I am not interested in listening to podcasts on Spotify because it seems like they're just interested in making money off these otherwise-free products.

MrBue

Whenever I have the 3rd podcast no interest and deleted it, the Spotify app crashes. What is this?

And NO , I have no renewed interest in deleted podcasts even after 90 days. What's the point?

At least make the crappy 'not interested in this episode' button WORK!

pepe angry.jpg

Jazzchilli

I must have deleted about 100 podcasts over the last week or so. However, I'm fairly sure they're showing me the same ones. So, the 90 day removal, which is already insulting, is a lie. And crashing the app when we delete them is the technical equivalent of a toddler throwing toys out of its pram. Grow up.

I expect not to see any of these podcasts for 90 days, including as individual episodes. As someone with a vague grip on tech/media content law, that would definitely be a breach. 

Spotify, why do you care so little about what your customers want? And why does it matter if some of us don't want podcasts? You've still got them and the presenters still get paid. 

Maybe next time, before you shell out millions on content, you'll actually run a consultation first to see if it's worth it. Instead of desperately trying to justify the expense by bullying us into clicking on content we didn't ask for.

evfal

This is ridiculous...

Removing one by one podcast on the phone app make the app crash after 3 "Not interested in this episode".

There no way to remove podcast on the PC app.

Give us the choice to see podcast or not. Most of us are using Spotify for MUSIC and not podcast.

3 years later and you are still force pushing podcast to everyone or give us the choice/possibility to customize our view.

Long time have posted a comment here. I post comments since 2 years, no change for this request.

Haha, yes Spotify added an option in Android app to hide podcasts for 90 days. But since some updates, the function is missing and it is no more avalaible. The good thing, I had the time to hide this stupid Joe Rogan's face from my home screen.

Don't give up guys, maybe Spotify will take action and post an update on this thread in two more years !!

cghost

I actually like (the idea of) having podcasts and music in one app, but your algorythm is atrocious, making 80% of your recommendations absolute gibberish. Please make it possible to block podcasts the same way we already are able to block artists. I'm not interested in half the things you recommend and they keep filling my Daily Drive, 'top podcasts' and other missed opportunities...

Ty55

How is this not being addressed?!?!?!?

I’ve listened to a couple of 18+ podcasts and it’s one thing that every time I go to the Spotify app I have to see those episodes in the ‘My Shows’ section (I am not subscribed, these are not my shows) but it’s a whole different and much more infuriating issue that when I get into my truck and connect to CarPlay that myself and all my passengers see these shows and thumbnails. How the **bleep** can a company as large as Spotify with such great developers not address this issue?!? You can search for any similar keywords and there are literally tens of thousands of complaints online begging for the ability to self-curate your shows/Home Screen, or remove podcasts from view entirely. 

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!

6xttvf-_qur54

I listened to ONE podcast years ago. And now I have the "popular with listeners of the podcast" as the top item on my home screen. ONE podcast. And I didn't even finish it.

Edit: I see this suggestion was logged in 2019. wth.

gm_go

Spotify. The way you are ignoring user feedback, for years , is utterly. utterly. repulsive.