Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
cyberweasel

Please give us the options to remove the "Shows you may like" from the Home Screen.  I am here to listen to MUSIC.  I like to keep my podcasts separate.  And so far the podcast functionality is kind of lame compared to stand alone pod catcher apps.   Again I am on (and paying for) Spotify to listen to MUSIC not talk radio.  Thank you.

Lesani

Uuuuh, price hike mail just came in, if this podcast situation isn‘t resolved until the new price comes into effect this will see me switch to a different offering, despite the lack of ‚connect‘ there

ninjafrompinja

This idea seems to be stalled, with the last update being over a year ago, but it’s close enough to my idea that I am throwing my 2 cents in anyway.

My thought is to go a little further with the Home Screen. Since the 6 buttons at the top have no heading and no clear reason for populating the things they do- why not make that area a functional dashboard. That layout is nice to see when you log in, but every single thing on the home page changes and things get hard to find.

I’d like to see that top 6 area as a place I can pin my favorites. I’d like to see my Liked Songs and New Episodes lists at the top and then have a Pin to Home option on playlists and podcasts (maybe genres and artists) so that I can see some individual favorites in one spot. It would be nice to customize the entire home page as well, but this would be a great start.

The toggle premise of this idea would be a good flow for the rest of the page. Instead of the constant changing of headings that populate the page, some customization would help. If I don’t like the heading, an option to remove, disable, or toggle it off. If I do like a heading, an option to pin it.

For me, the layout of the Home Screen is fantastic, but the way that it is entirely a surprise of what shows up makes it unusable.

MrBue

Hi Lesani, in which country came the price increase mail?

Lesani

price hike is in Austria (probably Germany too)

MrBue

No, I haven't seen a price increase in Germany yet, but if I do, I'll switch completely to Apple Music, which I've been testing for a while. Also because the Apple Music app is improved again with iOS 16.

zipzaprap

This was suggested years ago, it is not a major or complex change, just implement it and stop taking your user base for granted.

richeep

I've now left Spotify due to the podcast issue. I've moved to Tidal. Same price, more music that isn't available on Spotify, great interface (very similar) and most importantly: No Podcasts!

owlboy

It's simple. A checkbox to hide podcasts. No need to force them on people who want to opt-out.

Y’all have over 5000 people adamant enough to ask for this toggle. Please create it and stop considering it like  bunch of bureaucrats. It should take 3 programmers less than 50 hours to make it happen. 

im admittedly curious about a lot of podcasts, but I set limits on them. Spotify is now on my limited list because you sneak podcasts in on the back of music.