Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
skarb

Moving to Tidal - thanks for now Spotify!

I can't Beleive it. After 3 years, Spotify seems to understood something! 

New update is coming with an home screen inspired by Amazon Music. There will be two buttons at the top to filter music and podcasts separately.

I would prefer an option to hide podcasts, at least two separate tabs like Deezer. But its better than nothing!

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/9/23298679/spotify-app-redesign-podcasts-music

IMG_20220809_185321.jpg

Thanks for the heads up D0minicD3sbiens. It's too little too late though for Spotify. I've just recreated my playlists in YouTube Music. Over a hundred various tracks and no issues locating the same. Minor issues included: Limited availability for just one artist (Romeo's Daughter) but otherwise fine for all of the others including the odd-bods. Adding a couple of tracks seemed to import the whole album which I had to clear (probably user related). Haven't figured out how to sort the list by the column and drop-down filters offered in the Spotify app (probably user related again). Liked how it inherited my other misc music content in YouTube. So far no annoying issues and no podcasts.

gm_go

Too little. Too late. Simple.

Jazzchilli

So, the ability to remove podcasts from the IOS app homescreen has disappeared today. 

I read the article about the separation between music and podcasts, but they already trialled this a few months ago. It might just be one tap but having to select music every time you open the app isn't true customisation. 

You're not supposed to ask paying customers to compromise to achieve your shady business priorities, you're supposed to give them what they ask for. And stop shoving offensive content in their face when they ask you to. 

Thebopx

i am so sick of 50% of my app being taken up by sh*t ill literally never care about

MrBue

I could really puke! Now Spotify has disabled the function to hide podcasts and uninteresting albums again.

Spotify, what's wrong with you guys? So it became tolerable because you could hide the sh*t podcasts...and now again not.

It's just annoying!!!!

• Ok MrBlue...I thought the problem was my phone or my version of android...I subscribed when Spotify announced the possibility to separate music and podcasts, and an easier access to the music we like. Nothing changed actually, always theses stupid podcasts and industrial **bleep**. And in France we have an additionnal privilege, the French autotuned trap, which is the most terrible sound ever produced by a human being. Spotify wants absolutely us to listen to**bleep**, and puts dozens and dozens of playlists all over the screen, and there is nothing to do...except cancelling our account. Bye bye Spotify!!!
  •  
SenorFahrenheit

Literally listened to a minute of a terrible podcast and now it won't leave the top of my home screen at all. Same with other 2-3 podcasts that I didn't get into. It's pathetic that we don't even have an option to clear them from recently played.

Really considering switching soon.

toavezon22

I am very close to just switching back to CDs.