Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments

Please, please, please make this happen. Been a “premium” user for years. I do not listen to podcasts whatsoever and I will never listen to podcasts. Stop shoving them down my throat. As far as I’m concerned those are ads. Isn’t that what “premium” users are paying for!? No ads!? I’m so sick of seeing “your shows” on my home screen. They’re not my shows. I don’t listen to them, and I’m about to cancel my Spotify account after ten years of paying for premium. I’ve had it with all these companies shoving all these ads in my face. I PAY TO NOT SEE ADS! I should have total control of the content that I see!

MrBue

Let's be honest Spotify...this new (old) view is totally stupid!

Why not just the normal view, only WITHOUT the podcasts?

...and delete things I have no interest in...forever, not just 90 days! 

C667F1A5-AA84-49C8-9D0F-4E5A2915E3FE.png

iosonounaemail

Hey Spotify.

Now you dont even let me remove the unwanted podcasts for 90 days? What crepe is that?

Are you kidding me?!?!

MrBue

This function has not been available for me (iOS) for two weeks. Just like that, without updating the Spotify app, it was just gone.

It just sucks!

Dielucool

Screenshot_20220920_230909_com.spotify.music.jpg

Please do it! Why I can't block content of a person I don't wanna hear!. Also wth is this?? I listen to 30 sec because I didn't know what it was and now I can't search a song without having an ass on my recommendation search bar. 

iosonounaemail

Hi spotify!

I guess, i should feel a bit sorry for the "hardworking" podcasters.

But actually, i dont.

From now on, i will rate every dammn podcast on my homescreen with 1 star. I just hope this wont backfire, because i have to mark every schitty podcast as "listened" before rating.

Spotify, i assume, it's fair to say, you reap what you sow. I will enjoy downvoting every one of your craepcasts.

The Spotify podcast section is like the youtube "kids" app. Weird, bizarre, and inappropriate things are being suggested onon the account my kid uses and there is no way to completely get rid of them. 

31uh3fhrq3tl2tbgjsxb

The 6th most voted for idea and nothing has been done to address it? Hmmmmm. *smells money far away*

creativejeanius

Some people  just don't listen to podcasts, some find the cover art offensive, some just want to be able to tell your precious algorithm what the actual person does and does not like so they can get better recommendations.

This is the top voted issue, and for over 3 years now, we've all been saying the same thing:
Let customers choose to be shown podcasts or not!

The "status update" that has been provided is a joke!
They never acknowledge that their customers opionins matter to them!
It's very clear that Spotify DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!  Saying the "team is aware" and "when there is an update, we'll let you know" is a cop out that takes no responsibility to address it. 

JVsurfer

I found a solution, delete your Spotify Account and make a new account with a different email account. It may force podcast on you for a few days but after about 3-4 days podcast will be gone. It will be a pain to remake playlist but its worth it. I no longer have podcast on my homepage. This podcast forced roll out they are doing only effects certain accounts. I used Songshift app to transfer over my playlist. I wish they would send out surveys to people they force podcast on to at least get feed back from them. Not every person who is effected knows about this community to vote on ideas.

edit: if podcast show up on my homepage one more time im officially going to apple music for good. Songshift makes it really easy to move over all my playlist.