Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
rsmania01

Please implement this idea. I don’t want podcasts on the Spotify app, no one wants it. 

MrBue

@JVsurfer: Please don't get your hopes up with your new account. The podcasts will be back. Very soon even!

Spotify doesn't care what a few users want. As you can see from this thread. Thousands of votes and posts and nothing has happened after more than three years.

ex_ex

With podcasts now taking up even more space, the new home screen is littered with podcast suggestions I have no interest in. If you are intent on shoving podcasts down our ears, the least you could do is give us the option of marking individual podcasts as "Not interested in this". It's not asking too much really. 

What have you done to the UI?!?!?!?! It's EVEN WORSE NOW.

Did you seriously look at this suggestion and decided to make it complete garbage as opposed to fixing it? I can't even tell the stupid app  I'm not interested in AD GARBAGE. Now there's even AUDIOBOOKS like-- no thank you, please let me choose to NOT SEE THEM. 

FIX IT.

leavepodcastcomment

There seems little point in having a suggestions tab if you ignore something that's been in the top 10 requests for 3 years.

Please let me filter podcast and music separately. I'm not saying I don't listen to podcasts I just don't want them with my music and I'd like a saner interface.

Do that and improve the podcast offering such that it shows me new episodes of one I want to hear instead of recommending any random stuff you want to see get listens and maybe I'd listen to them instead of what I do know which is....

Actively contact any podcast that tells me they're going spotify only to tell them that they're losing a listener even cancelling donations in one case

Heck even give me a way to add a verified podcast subscriptions to a sane player (podcast Addict app for instance) would be a step in the right direction.  You could even charge for the service !

I don't suppose anyone (from Spotify) even reads these but if you do thanks, you really know where your towel is.

P.s.  has anyone ever noticed the customer survey you get after using these boards?  They value our feedback but only if you can keep it under 500 characters  ;o)

null_field

If you as a company find I too big of a task to keep audio **bleep** from being actively marketed to minors with no explicit tag and comments sections full of the poster grooming children to lie to their parents so they “don’t get banned again” then at least let me block podcasts without keeping them from hearing a song as it was intended. Explicit content filters aren’t just for walmart shoppers they are for safety. 

krew

Need to adress the new home screen the old one was better or if you feel like to still have it please make the option to disabled the function for those who dont want it.

So, in addition to displaying podcasts on the home screen that we are not interested in, Spotify completely changes the look of it for a much worse interface. I don't understand that idea... Please, give us back the old UI !!!

Fd054K8WIAAfnNg.jpg

MrBue

Very great Spotify! Today once again 5 row with superfluous podcasts.

I really have no more desire to Spotify!

7DC42C87-316A-47C7-9A62-E8488A2BA96B.jpeg

1A941327-EE37-45C0-A570-D3B6A67C5559.jpeg

1401B3A0-0552-41C4-BF32-0BF3F43B7106.jpeg

15D49562-06A5-4A78-909F-96620E459547.jpeg

frank-ove

I'm here for listening to music, not podcasts. 

Please allow us to hide these from the feed through a setting on the profile page or something similar.

BTW: The same goes for lyrics...