Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
arte_nm

Its amazing how this is live since 2019 and simply ignored.

please also upvote my idea relating to this

@arte_nm upvoted your new idea thread. But dont hope anything, they will do the same thing they did with all popular previous ideas...!

To my concern, I've just started a trial for Apple Music on last november and I will renew it when it will ending in two weeks. Bye bye Spotify...!

FUC4

@D0minicD3sbiens I recently switched to Apple Music as well.. So far so good! Check out Cider for a good Apple Music desktop client. Apple has also released their own app for Windows but it's still got bugs.

wicherado

Strongly recommend moving to another service. For those of you who don't trust the apple company either, I'll tell you that I'm trying Deezer and for now I'm much happier. At least the podcasts are separated in another section and the home page is completely personalized to what you listen to, they don't try to put things that don't interest you. And also, be careful, you can say which artist/song you are not interested in so they don't come out again, something that Spotify must think is crazy, how can someone not like what I recommend? they will think...
I have already canceled my subscription and I invite you to do the same. Regards.

@FUC4 Yeah I already use Cider, such a beautiful UI (that should inspire Apple !). Here in Quebec Canada I cant install the official Apple Music app, it's not avalaible yet here. But if there is many bugs, not a big deal for now as I have Cider.

@wicherado Deezer is a great service too, but I had some issues with it when I tested it last year :

1 - Many performance issues (often slow to show content, sometimes the music cut, etc).

2 - Not really good in music recommendations for french canadian users (french recommendations are really nice for french in France).

Apple Music is the best I have tried for french canadian (Quebec) music recommendations (when you selet french category, it show me most french canadian recommendations, less France based recommendations).

yagunzhe

I have not heard a podcast I no longer wanna hear, and it keeps popping up again and again. It is really annoying. Shall I change of platform to hide it? I'm pretty much considering it.

Akélé

That’s it. It has been 6 MONTHS **bleep**, each time I open the app, either in my phone/laptop, the first things I see are “My shows” and “Episodes for you” from shows I DONNOT LISTEN TO.

As soon as I’ll be back in France I’ll switch for Apple Music (since it isn’t available where I live), I can’t stand my OCD being triggered by two podcasts’ covers several times a day, that’s it, I’m just tired.

You have no respects for you costumers.

JoeQ

C'mon Spotify, your podcasts are full of unlabelled "adult content" and you have an insane quantity of "video podcasts". We didn't sign up for Spotify Family Plans so that our kids would be listening to this stuff non-stop or using Spotify as a YouTube substitute.

Please at least give Family Plan subscribers the option to completely disable all podcast content and video on Family accounts. 

Anyone know of another streaming service that allows you to completely block video and podcasts?

yagunzhe

I just found Deezer reading the comments to this issue and it seems great. It even imports Spotify's playlists, which was a big deterrent for me to leave the app. I'll try it for a few weeks and let you know how it goes. So far so good, Spotify. I've paid you for almost 10 years!!! Hopefully I'll let other players get into the market so that you, big players, learn to listen to your customers!!!

wicherado

This thread is serving to make some of us leave Spotify for the benefit of their competition and we still don't have an answer. I have a feeling I could leave links to illegal pirated content here and they'd still pass us by.