Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
rbregt

@israelbarros That option is not available for me yet in browser, iPad or iPhone. I guess they are A/B testing.
MrBue

@israelbarros I can't see this feature in either the desktop app on the Mac or the iPhone app. Unfortunately not!

So far YouTube Music is a good candidate, already paying for Premium, which
gives Music for free too, so using that now and if I'm happy with it after
the test period, I'm out (from Spotify...).

@israelbarros so they are implementing same thing as Amazon Prime Music. Podcasts still are showing on home page, you have to tap on music to see only music on homepage. Good start, but hope they will let make the choice by default to see it everytime we launch the app. In Amazon Music app they show all mixed (music and podcast) when you close and launch the app.

Hope they really working on a solution. 

iosonounaemail

I completely agree with D0minicD3sbiens.

This doesnt look like real solution. Far from it.

@Spotfy: Please save your time and our time and dont even try to present us this fake switch as a "solution". Stop kidding us and let us remove Crêpecasts with an on/off switch in the settings. PLEASE!

MrBue

I don't want to use Spotify anymore. I'm also tired of begging and waiting for Spotify.

No HomePod integration, no AirPlay2, I don't listen to podcasts but Spotify annoys me with it...and worst of all, Spotify is so arrogant and doesn't think it has to listen to its paying customers.

I deleted my family account today, after almost 10 years, and prefer to give my money to Deezer.

**bleep** you Spotify, you should be struck by lightning while shitting!

That's the annoying part, the ignorant attitude towards us paying their way
to success...

YouTube Music works great so far, this weekend I'll go through my more
important playlists and recreate them on YT Music, and if it works fine,
it's bye-bye Spotify in March, after almost 14 years together...

rupert27

PLEASE. I do not ever listen to podcasts, and I will never listen to a podcast because I have auditory processing difficulties and I cannot understand them. I use Spotify frequently, mostly to discover new music. So my algorithm will have music only, yet for some reason on my home page shows 'suggested podcasts' first, and worse, ever since people tried to boycott Joe Rogan, HIS podcast shows first!! I don't even appear to be able to block certain podcasts from showing up, which is highly problematic and dismissive of your users who are members of these targeted minority demographics if you are going to host extremely offensive and objectionable people on your platform.

I am truly disgusted being forced to see this man's face every time I try to listen to music in my own personal curated music world of Spotify, which is supposed to be my safe space.  Please let me get rid of podcasts suggestions. You do not need to use "inflammatory engagement" social media tactics on a MUSIC PLATFORM. You need to show me MUSIC!

hannusillanpaa

I canceled my premium account at least until it is possible to get rid of podcasts (and get the hifi quality). I get better quality and no podcasts with lower cost for a competitor and my money goes there from now on. 

SquidFace

Seriously. I know am not the only person who used to use Spotify while driving. Instead of being able to hit a playlist when opening the app, i now have to scroll to avoid the millions of podcasts. So now I just don’t use Spotify as much. 
i know they sunk a bunch of money into podcasts, but for all of the music users, this makes the app’s UI really unpleasant. 

and I do not ever want to listen to Joe Rogan. Ever. Stop suggesting it.