Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments

@HappyCamper personally, I prefer Apple Music for suggestions and their algorithms. I listen French Canadian music and Apple Music is even better than Spotify for this. I switched to Apple Music last November and it is now my streaming music service. 

zsolt
Yes, you’re way better off using Tidal.

@Frankcsf @SquidFace you're right. Free Your Music is a good one, but like you said it makes some mistakes. I used Soundizz who is really better. Copy exactly same songs from same artists and same albums if they are available in the other streaming service. The free version is a bit limited, but premium who cost less than 5 dollars for a month worth it. 

frankcsf

@SquidFace @d0minicf3sbiens 

Thanks guys,  I will look at both of these.  

jpalo

I want music, I do not want 50% of the front page be covered with podcasts that are of 0 interest for me. As a tip, Tidal is fully focused on music, migrating my playlists there and giving it a go.

alperz

Spotify should decide whether they are a music or podcast service. I do not want to hear or see anybody's ideas while searching for good music.

darkmogool666

So, almost 5000 votes and still not a thing, while other ideas get implemented with 1000 votes and less. Nice one Spotify...

alewian

Screenshot_2022-03-07-22-11-48-071_com.spotify.music.jpg

I do not understand why, after paying for a premium account, I also have to deal with fullscreen pop-up advertisements of Podcasts like this one. Please Spotify explain to me.

I think Spotify has no clue about how their customers consume media, and
what the weak points are in their client app. The playlist handling has
been a joke from the start, it's ridiculous, not to talk about browsing
albums, having to see every **bleep** track for each album....

I dream about the old structured iTunes app with the window split in three:

Genre - Artist - Album

and then under those, a full-width window with the list of songs based on
the filtering on those three...

bat0nr0uge

For me, it's simply a question of compartmentalization and clutter. 

I pay for this app to access music on-demand for personal entertainment *and* for use in connection with professional and academic activity. 

I intentionally use a different app for podcasts, and I have no interest in changing that. Even if I left my current podcast platform, I would not switch to Spotify for that content. I prefer to access music and podcasts from separate sources. I find it *less* useful to consume these media from a single source, *not* more convenient.

Media consumption and user experience grow more varied and complex. I am motivated to use apps that contribute to a more focused digital life, and that offer users—not to mention customers—greater control over their individual experiences.

Please, give listeners the ability to hide all podcast content.