Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
Lesani
Some media would need to get attention, only way to get change on spotify if its bad press
MrBue

Hey Spotify programmers, check this out...it's that easy!
That's all we want!

3E3014F1-3B1E-490E-B500-028FC2B12EC1.jpeg

B0AE35B7-FA3B-44F3-82E7-C143520C5934.jpeg

mochld

100% agree

It would be great to have an option to hide podcasts from my home screen, I really don't like it when scary or explicit images appear in the foreground on my screen. I really hate it.

SquidFace

I really encourage anyone with scary, offensive, or explicit images on the app to screenshot and report it to apple or google apps for inappropriate material. That is a really concrete thing you can do. Images inappropriate for young ones would make the Spotify app inaccessible to under 18s, which would make them have less family plan subscribers which hurts their bottom line. Right now they have the podcast sunk cost thing.

They will not change this until they lose money. I no longer subscribe because I couldn’t safely drive with the podcasts on the screen,  but I do still miss some features. So I still follow this thread with the hope they will one day change, even though I now pay for two different streaming services and miss Spotify  less and less (other services have better audio quality, larger selection of music, more money to the artists,,,)

Robadobdob

I bet they'd move faster if the media got wind of this particular issue - dodgy podcasts appearing in people's streams...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Can-t-remove-podcast-from-quot-your-sho...

mzanetti
  • Indeed. Perhaps we should come up with a common #tag about this and all tweet about it.

@MrBlue exactly what we need, a dedicated section for podcast, same thing that Deezer do !

Sulugunia

Upvote 

Sulugunia

I don't understand why Spotify STILL DIDN'T DO SOMETHING WITH IT. Why my 12-years old son still see these SEXUAL content on his main page????
SPOTIFY DO SOMETHING!!
THAT IS A CRITICAL PROBLEM RIGHT NOW AND WE CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

@mzanetti - every bit counts.

This would be child's play for the Spotify developers to add an opt-out setting. In my opinion it's the Fatneck Corporate [Barstools] behind this nonsense. Currently I'm getting that bloke whose logo looks like a munging between Umbrella Corp & a certain German group, and a Indian love guru.

I appended my Spotify user with "no 2 podcasts" but imagine what would happen if hundreds made their displeasure felt with a common hash?