Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
Devil_Nicholas

it’s not a complicate feature to introduce. Make this right. And do your **bleep**ing job!

the-wro

This is an absolute must have. My son watches video podcasts without end. In times of screen sharing for various media, it should be clear that such a feature can be turned off.
Please do not refer to the Spotify Kids app now, it is simply not usable for children over the age of 4. It doesn't even have all the episodes of popular children's radio plays that are available in the normal Spotify app. In addition, the UI/UX design is a single disaster.

MrBue

When the "new" Spotify comes, we will have much bigger problems than those with podcasts, etc.

The app could then also be called TikSpot 2.0. 🤢

Akélé

@MrBlue Yes totally, they just showed in the Streamon2023 that they are willing to focus even more on podcasts and neglect Music. That means that we can all forget about the “hide podcast” option.

Funny, cause I’m pretty sure that this thread will gain even more engagement because more people will be stuck with the same issue when they’ll try X or Y podcast since they’ll shove even more podcasts down our throats lma0

PS: why do they censor Ima0 ?

MrBue

@Akélé 

If it really happens and you can't turn it off, I will delete my account and switch to another provider.

vaajy

I am fine with podcasts, but they show too much of them on main page.

Perhaps because if more people listen to them, they need to pay less or next to nothing for listening to music.

recorpse

as we can block the artists we don't want to listen, please help to develop same function for podcasts so we will not be directed automatically and can control ourselves.. thanks in advance 

os7_761-nputo

Also add an option to disable all video podcasts. All parents will thank you for that.

Iamkartk

#MeToo

slythfox

I just don't want my subscription money to go towards podcasts like Joe Rogan if I don't listen to Podcasts. Would be great if we could just pay for music.