Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
MrBue

Na ja, lügen würde ich es nicht nennen. Aber dennoch ist aktuell eigentlich alles besser als Spotify und was die ihren Nutzern zumuten.

https://hifi.de/ratgeber/tidal-masters-mqa-90634

stadi1

https://hifi.de/news/wird-tidal-highres-streams-im-flac-format-anbieten-138440

In diesem Artikel steht über MQA schon das: "Die Behauptung, dass der Verpack-Vorgang verlustfrei geschieht, wurde über die Jahre immer wieder angefochten."

Unter Lüge habe ich den Teil gemeint, dass 16bit Tracks angeblich einfach auf 24bit hoch gesamplet werden, dann in MQA konvertiert und dann kommt sogar etwas schlechteres heraus, als vorher. Einige Künstler haben auch bestätigt, dass sie nie 24bit Dateien hochgeladen haben, aber Tidal diese doch irgendwie anbietet.

Wenn sie wirklich auf FLAC umsteigen, wird das natürlich interessanter. Ich müsste mir vielleicht wirklich Tidal mal genauer anschauen. Danke!

syunie

1/2 of the start page is taken up by a podcast I've never showed any interest in (JRE). It's so annoying and honestly has got me looking at Spotify alternatives that don't do this. 

Clark12345

I use Spotify for both podcasts and music. Much more so for podcasts but there is no way to indicate I don't want to see a certain podcast on my home screen or recommended page. I'm never going to listen to some of them. I don't want to see them. Give us an option to hide them. I'm so sick of being recommended podcasts. It's very different from music. 

taq

Right now, on the web/browser interface, there are LOTS of recommended podcasts before the music, but I don't listen to podcasts often. In fact, I should listened to 2 or 3 episodes. So, I need to hide podcasts there, it's messing with my music.

Good evening, since I switched to a premium account I can't see my podcasts

I ask, should I go back to my free account to be able to have my podcasts in Venezuela?

stadi1

You should be happy, we can't even hide them and see too many of them 😄

Jazzchilli

Saw a news item yesterday about Spotify laying off 200 staff in podcast operations - https://www.news24.com/news24/tech-and-trends/news/spotify-to-cut-200-staff-working-with-podcasts-20...

They've also failed to recoup the $1 billion they invested...maybe this is the beginning of the end (please)?

SomeoneElse00

+1 Great idea! Spotify should only ever suggest content you want to consume. Audiobooks and Podcasts should both be hideable if you don't want them suggested