Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments

Podcasts being at the top of my home page on the Android app is frustrating, considering that I have only listened to podcasts a couple times in several years of using the app. It is especially frustrating that I do not have the ability to hide specific podcasts with inappropriate names that have been at the top of the list for weeks and are there every time I open the app.

I'm getting real sick of Spotify trying to shove podcasts down my throat. Even placing this garbage above my own content in the user interface. I'll be voting with my wallet soon.

cuducos

Now we have been completely ignored to the point Spotify pushed a playlist that we cannot delete, remove or hide… a playlist only for podcasts. C'mon, Spotify.

JeffCoRo

Hilarious how buried this topic is AND how many people are still annoyed enough to search, find, and comment on it. This suggests multitudes more listeners are unhappy. 

So does Spotify close the idea thereby acknowledging many listeners don't want podcasts or continue to ignore it because they can't afford to care? 

I suppose since its been two years we have an answer. They are in so deep on their "podcast ad revenue" bet they might as well change the name to Podify. 

PhantomEcho

Spotify Premium subscriber since ~2016.

I'm switching to Apple music and picking up the rest on Youtube or even buying albums again... I hate to say this but fsck Spotify at this point.  I watch podcasts only once in a blue moon and would NEVER want them on my home screen!  Moreover, the simply awful 'customer service' responses on the community from their BOTS and **bleep**/shill moderators just confirm what has been becoming more and more obvious... Spotify has no integrity at all anymore.

Vaggiterian

I have zero interest in podcasts, they don't work with my brain - I really struggle to listen to that kind of longform content, and that means podcasts and also videos - I am the sort of person who just seeks transcripts of them and essays. But shows you might like is THE SECOND LINE on the browser layout! Before even MADE FOR YOU. It's ABYSMAL. I have to SCROLL for recently played??

Lumovanis

So tired of podcast BS on my home screen

KeepSloanWeird

YES! Please let me shut off podcasts in all the Spotify apps. This is the type of issue that makes me less likely to pay for the Premium MUSIC service.

6e_wyv-udutd
  • I just want to be able to hide certain podcasts. For instance: Every day, I am suggested to listen to a podcast called "**bleep** Town." 
  • I understand that I listen to other podcasts in the same comedy orbit but I don't want to hand my phone to someone  pick music or have them look over my shoulder and have to explain that it's just a suggestion. Just let me declare I'm not interested and make it go away please.
6e_wyv-udutd

We'll call the podcast "Rum Town" but spelled with a C since the name was censored. I like that I can listen to anything through the app. I'm glad it's open enough to allow that podcast to find it's fans. I just don't want to see it.