[All Platforms][Radio] Shuffle All Followed Radio Stations

I recently switched from Pandora to Spotify. Spotify has many great features that Pandora doesn't have, but one feature that Spotify does not have that i really miss is the ability to shuffle all my radio stations.

Updated on 2018-09-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

cliff283

I actually switched to Pandora specifically because of this missing. However, Pandora's functionality is terrible compared to Spotify. I actually considered trying to write something in their API to get this functionality ...

In the end my workaround is the following; put every single song you have saved into a playlist and then create a station based on that playlist. The mix of new songs and songs I know actually comes out preferable to Pandora *and* the thumbs up/thumbs down system is in the radio section of spotify (curiously missing elsewhere) which will start making those stations even better over time (ideally). 

Bnbydc

Everybody I know uses Pandora over Spotify for this very reason!

user-removed
Not applicable

I agree. I am currently bouncing back and forth between the two. Spotify's radio doesn't mix genres very well, at least in my opinion. It'll mix genres, but the selection of tracks are hit or miss with a lot of repeating artists (seems to play a limited selection of artists). Plus you now can't save or like a custom mixed genre station (like playlist radio). You can start a playlist station on mobile or desktop, but that option isn't available through Android Auto. You can have Spotify continue with like artist and tracks after the playlist ends, but that would take a while on a 200+ track playlist. But like I said, I feel that the mixed genre stations are hit or miss.

But If you can have a more defined station, have several of those, then be able to shuffle those stations, then that would make a good mix. That's what I'm doing with Pandora and it's working very well.

Woodman3
Visitor

This is a rich feature that the big competitor has that I use regularly. It is annoying that the ability to shuffle one song from your random radio stations does not exist as it was the most used feature for me in the other program. Please add this and your program will be perfect.... or as close as we can get, lol.