Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-11-09

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback here. Right now we don't' have plans in our backlog to implement remembering the song you were on in a playlist after you switch to another one and return. Please know we've let the appropriate teams here at Spotify know about your feedback around this though, and we'll be watching this idea as it grows. Your comments are being noted internally and we'll let you know if anything changes. Thanks!

Zonenfeile

Sorry

Very poor statment

You system simply does not work !

Just use your own tools for music and audio books on one phone.

Load 2-3 audiobooks 

Listen , switch to music and back

And there will be light

Hope so

Otherwise spotify is out - for me

aesterling

Hey @meahtenoha, thanks for providing an update! (Even though it's obviously not what we wanted to hear.)

To help us understand, could you please talk about how Spotify determines which ideas to implement? We often see the status of ideas with fewer votes get changed to, "Good idea, vote for it" so it must not be based solely on the number of community votes? Is there an internal meeting at Spotify every month where ideas are decided upon? If an idea makes Spotify more profitable, for instance, is more likely to be implemented versus one that simply improves usability? Or if it's an easy feature to add versus something more time-consuming to develop?

Thanks in advance for any further details, @meahtenoha. We appreciate the update.

Since this idea is likely not to be implemented anytime soon, users are obviously free to switch to other streaming services that provide the feature.  😞

meahtenoha
jazdingo

I would love to see Spotify add this feature to what is already a wonderful service for listening to music.

cl40tyq2x70wwbv

HI

I want to switch from Apple Music - however i can get this function using smart playlists and this is a deal breaker for me as i basically need to be able to resume playlists without repeating already played songs.

Is there a similar query based playlist generator function in spotify

neophilos

Absolutely agree with the last fellow, here. It is especially cumbersome when you listen to audiobooks with long titles of each track so you cannot even guess if you have listened to them because you only see the coinciding first few words of the title...

21omen

I often listen to audiobooks. Then my kids come along ....

Please, please pretty please implement this!

posuk13

I agree 100%. I really want this. Pretty please 🙂

doubleTlt

Hi spotify staff and other community members,

I have faced a problem,  as I suppose many others through some time using Spotify.

Problem:

After playing some other playlist, you can't resume last played song from previous played playlist, meaning every time you need to track that song from that playlist. And now you have to do the same thing with that other playlist you came from.... you get the point it's not that comfortable.

Suggestion:

Every followed playlist(controlled number of saved  states) saves that last song you have played with data when that song was added to the playlist (for renewable playlist. SAME SONG, NOT THE SAME POSITION IN IT (if every song in a playlist has its own automatically incremented ID's it's easier to save it this way, but worst case scenario same ID not the same position of other previous played songs, so i guess first approach is better) ). If playlist were renewed (different date of songs) wipe saved data and start playlist from the begining.

That's my idea would be great to hear some insights from Spotify

Keep doing great work.