Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
ashpick1

1077 Votes to do the surely is enough start to make something happen. Let's do this Spotify!!!

Radiomylar
Nope. But leaving negative reviews on the App Store might get their
attention.
Basetwo

Please add this feature.  I can’t understand why this  isn’t available...

ClevilAndi

I think this feature is getting critical, since there are alot of playlists and especially audiobooks are becoming popular.

I am at the point where I intentionally not use Spotify and switch to SoundCloud because I don't want to lose my position in the audiobook with more than 400 chapters. It is a real pita trying to find the track I last was on.

I urge you to get this fixed, please.

ijwfly

It's absolute meaningless to have long playlists if you can't listen them from beggining to the end. And you can't do it because you can't save your position in playlist. This is nonsence. Yes, you can listen your playlist in shuffle mode, but you never can be sure you listened all tracks from playlist.

Let's say your playlist includes 60 songs with summarized length of 4 hours. You listen to them in shuffle mode, that is random. Using probability theory you can calculate that you must listen tracks from this playlist ~285 times to make sure that you've listened them all, it's average of 19 hours of listening to the same playlist. You will listen to some tracks multiple times and you will listen some of them just one time. As I said - this is nonsense.

posuk13

I think shuffle remembers which songs were played (but I am not absolutelly sure about that) so to play all songs you would need only 4 hours but it is still quite a long time. I like to change geners/artists more often than that.

rdiokyle
As per previous comments, this is about how people use music in real life. A pretty common use case is to have the playlist for the car and the playlist for working out. Drive to the gym listening to playlist A, switch over to The Rock's playlist or whatever you use for exercising and then go back to the car and resume where that playlist left off. I don't want to listen to the same first 10 songs on each playlist all the time or just randomly scroll the list looking for where I think I left off. Not interested in Shuffle as I like the curated sequence. And if you are saying that Shuffle has this then Spotify obviously has logic and storage in place so why not roll it out to linear playback?
Maybe I'm too old and reminisce about the old days of a CD in the car and an MP3 on my waist lol. But if you are going to provide a technology to replace both, then lets not remove features IMO.
sidsmot
Goodbye - back when u fix it
RyanH1983

Sorry Spotify, but this needs doing right now!! Do not call your service 'Premium' if you don't have a basic feature like this!

Would really apprecite this feature, right now shuffle is the next best thing.