Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Adrianf
This omission has to be the worst aspect of Spotify. I can listen to a playlist for a while, leave it, then come back later only to have to try to find where I was previously. Please provide the ability to resume playlists from where last left off.
leesar

Seriously guys? This still hasn't happened? You can do it! We believe in you!

kjhimes

I also want this very much! I often flip back and forth between playlists and would like to pick up where I left off.

jacq123

I'm listening to a long playlist of 2500 songs. if I stop at song 1200 and the next day I want to play song 1201 I can only play song 1201 and then it wil stop. The only way to make it continue is to quickly listen to the first 1200 songs and then it will continue. That is pretty ridiculous. Please add the feature to continue where I left off. I find this a terribly serious omission.

brownr

Great idea!  How about an option to reset the playlist or continue

raphaelgatti

I'd add to recover the exact track position, cause listening to audio books is a hard thing to come back to exact stop point.

fiona2127

This is a great idea, i was actually thinking a while ago that there should be like a button or something in settings which does this.

rockinroc

+1

benwetering
My thoughts exactly!
Nincompoop
Please, add this feature to Spotify, especially since you now have many audiobooks. It's really enjoying to find the last track you listened to since audiobooks sometimes have a really long track list.