Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Apreche

I can't upvote this enough. There's actually an alternative idea that effectively does the same thing.

Let me know how many times I've listened to a song on Spotify. Or, simply mark songs as listened/unlistened. This way I can just look at a playlist and at a glance figure out where I left off based on the number of times I've listened to each track.

Dfsoto

I just noticed that the Android Auto app does remember the last song you were playing  for the Recently Played items.

delae

Could you provide some more info what you discovered and how to use it? I see no way in my Android app to tell it to "play" or continue the list. I have to choose a track (and they look all the same), or "Shuffle".

Dfsoto

I was talking about the Android Auto app. But nevermind I was mistaken. Wishful thinking.

malteW

It should not set the shuffel function automaticly if it was activatet in a song playlist. It should always fall back to linear track list, if you start or continue a audio book.

andersondelima

Please, implement this feature!

Xeneocgn

I Also would like this feature as I have to screenshot the track i was listening to when I wake up. I like hearing Audiobooks before sleeping and I use the timer funktion on my phone.

Bmantel7

This is especially useful if you listen to playlists on shuffle. The randomized order changes each time you revisit the playlist, so resuming from where you left off allows you to hear all songs start to finish.

Mauricio_

Please implement this!

sidsmot

Is this going to happen - its a must - please