[All Platforms] Remember to shuffle certain playlists

Hello, I want to suggest  a tweak to how Shuffle works.

I like to listen to most playlists on Shuffle, and listen to albums without Shuffle.

When I open a playlist and tap Shuffle, the setting takes effect throughout the app. So when I open an album and tap the first song, the next song played will not be song #2 but another random one from the album. 

I need to stop playback, turn off shuffle, then tap song #2 to get back to the right sequence.

It would be best, when opening an album and tapping a particular song, that playback followed the rest of the album in its original sequence.

Updated on 2019-07-17

Note: This is a repost from this idea.

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
PercyBottle
Visitor

Totally agree. When I search for and select an album, then tap on the first song, I want it to play in album order. If I wanted it shuffled, I could have tapped the big green Shuffle Play button. But I didn't, I tapped the first song, and that should be enough to tell Spotify that I want it in album order. The shuffle button icon doesn't even show up on that page (at least not on Android), so you're not aware that you're still in shuffle mode from a previous playlist, for example, until the next song starts and it's not what you expected.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-17

Note: This is a repost from this idea.

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

PercyBottle
Visitor

Dear @Guido , you have misunderstood @seldomused 's idea. This idea is quite different to the idea you linked to, and you've changed the title to something that matches that other idea rather than @seldomused 's idea. We do not want to remember different shuffle modes for different play lists. I can't remember what the original title of this post was now, but I would suggest that "Turn off shuffle when selecting the first song of an album" is more accurate than what you've changed it to. 

Please re-read the original post (and my follow-up comment) and change the title back so that the community is not led down the wrong path.

seldomused
Casual Listener

Hi @Guido , thanks for checking into this. @PercyBottle is right, your interpretation is not what I meant. This idea is about albums, not playlists. When I tap a song in an album, I want the album to play in order, even if I previously had something else playing on shuffle. 

If I want to shuffle an album, I would use the Shuffle button which is prominent on iOS and possibly other platforms. 

seldomused
Casual Listener

88F64BDB-1DF3-4DCF-9DBE-5EEE8110C003.jpegHere is a marked up screenshot explaining the idea.