[All Platforms] Resume audio book where you left it (bookmark position)

There was this idea created 3 years ago that got 998 likes:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/All-Platforms-Bookmark-Position-in-an-Audiobook-o...

It was about a way to leave an audiobook or podcast to listen to some other music, than later, quote: "come back and pick it up where you left off, without having to memorize the time that you paused."

Now spotify has marked this idea as "implemented".

The thing is they have only implemented it for podcasts but not for audiobooks. Instead they have left the advice, that anyone who would like this feature for audiobooks as well should post a new (!) idea. 

So this is why this idea is POSTED again. Hopefully it won't take another 3 years before spotify implements it.

Anyone with me? Thanks :-)

Updated on 2018-11-12

Marked as a new idea :)

Comments
asdfklgash

Must have!

murpsel
Gig Goer

I also created a new idea because the other idea was marked as closed:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Audiobooks-Bookmark-Audio-Books/idc-p/4613289

Please upvote to get more attention to this issue!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-12

Marked as a new idea :)

coskuncesur

Yes, please. It's ridicoulus it not implemented for all kind of play lists. But at least for audio books it's a must-have. Also it would be quite charming if the random track option would be switched false when you start an audio book. I like to shuffle through music play lists but not so much through chapters of a book. But if you have to choose what to implement first, please keep with resuming the book where you left!

f3xx

The problem seems to be, that an audio book is just like any other music album. There it does not work either.

The solution could be generic. For each Playlist or Album, Spotify should simpley remember the "last play position". Thats it.

kingsdenstudios
Visitor

It doesn't work on podcasts either grrrrrr.  Please have podcast resume where you left off when you come back to it.  Thanks!