Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Search] Search Filter for (Spotify Music & My Library)

INTRO:
I truly believe this idea is essential to Spotify Service and User Experinence. As some who frequently will search for a specifc title of a song and find the best song in the search results with that title Spotify lists the top 1000 songs ... and 90% of all met search are clutter with rap garbage. pushing out all the potential great songs I never get to listen to. bc they didn't make it in the top 1000. 

IDEA:
I have designed a, Spotify Search Filter, that will let you set parameter for your search when searching for music, you can also turn on the "playlist" switch and it will only search through your playlists to find a song (helps you see if you already have it and also will show you how many playlists have that song!), there are also other very helpful search parameters. See the attached photos for more details on the idea. 

Show your support with some likes and because likes are not enough to make an idea happen. Feel free to share this idea on social media, make it go viral if you really love it! the only way to make things happen in this world is pressure.. 😉

Spotify Search Filter_1.png
Spotify Search Filter_3.png
Spotify Search Filter_2.png

Updated on 2023-01-01

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
OscarDC
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-11-22

Hello @Lovefire,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. 

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

cassy44

Being able to search for a song and see all the playlists you already have it in would make my experience sooo much better. This is so well put:)

yeyeromero

u cant seriously call the whole genre of rap garbage then go and listen to something as bland as brandon lake 😭

good idea tho

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-01-01

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

luiihns

Hey @Lovefire.

I've posted a similiar entry, I shared for you.

I suggest in searching mode, add filters like no consider genres, artists.. by @luiihns 

When we are searching for song(s), the app only allow us search by text. For enrich the way in what we find songs according to our searching, I suggest to developers add the functionality of filter, I describe its characteristics to next:
- Filter allow filter a text search by artist(s), genre(s), date(s)...
* Filter allow filter a text search, letting out of the results certain artist(s), genre(s), date(s)

The important and different, but no less idea is marked with *.

I wish this ideas come to us soon, it's a powerful upgrade for the platform.

Greetings! 😉