Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Search] Search for songs using its lyrics

One should be able to search for songs using its lyrics. It should be presented as a search filter to erase any confusion. Most people remember lyrics but cannot remember the name of the song. 

Updated on 2020-10-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to search for songs using lyrics.

We appreciate you adding your votes and comments to this idea.

If you'd like to learn more about our Search function take a look here!

Happy listening!

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

skroon19

Great idea!

ebanmcvean

Commenting in full support of this idea.

Elena
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-10-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to search for songs using lyrics.

We appreciate you adding your votes and comments to this idea.

If you'd like to learn more about our Search function take a look here!

Happy listening!

darkmodes

I think Spotify should consider putting in an update to where we can search up lyrics to a song throughout our playlists / music so that it makes it way easier to find that one specific song that we’re looking for, this would be super helpful especially for people that have a bunch of playlists / liked songs. as someone who has over 12,000 liked songs on Spotify I think it would be helpful and handy if there were a feature to search up lyrics through your songs and playlists on your profile, like if someone forgets the artist who sings the song but they remember a bit of the lyrics, it would be helpful to have that so we can find specifically who the artist is and what the song is that we were looking for without having to look through all of our liked songs / playlists. I hope this becomes a thing in a future update!

I would like to enhance the lyrics match search feature by having a filter that searches through lyrics of only songs that I have previously played. For this Lyrics Match feature, I am not interested in music discovery; it's more so music recovery

Please....

I am trying to recall a song I have previously played and I only have a short section of lyrics stuck in my head. The current lyrics match feature (as well as googling it) searches every single song in existence. This is of limited use to me as it's not providing me with a result. My search would be enhanced if I could only search the lyrics of the songs I have previously played.

abidrai011

In spotify when I don't know the exact name or exact keyword of tilte of a song I can't search that particular song. On the contrary on youtube one can reach to a song by searching any of it's lyrics. This thing is very frustrating. Whenever I want to listen to a song and I don't know it's exact name I have to go to Youtube to search for it's title and come back to spotify to search it.