Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Set Alarm to start Spotify

Just thought it would be nice to wake up to a good song.  Start the day off on a good beat.   Looked through my PC, and to my suprise there was no alarm clock!  What's the deal?  Would it not be nice to be able to set a time for the music to start?  Link a playlist, best of (maybe you're waiting for a song to come out?),   Incorporate a timer into the alarm clock too.  Would be cool.

Just a thought....

Updated on 2018-07-31

Hey,

Over 3,600 of you told us you wanted to set an alarm with Spotify, and we listened!

Spotify and the Clock app from Google™ will now offer the perfect soundtrack to start your day.

Starting today 'July the 31st 2018', Spotify and Google are partnering to help both premium and free users on Android™ phones set their own unique alarms with music from Spotify’s 35 million track catalog. Setting a personal soundtrack to your waking moments has never been easier.

For more info on this and on setting up your alarm, check out the blog here!

If we have any info on this for other platforms in the future, we'll keep you updated here too.

Comments
Cofra

I've been waiting for years. This would make Spotify a great alarm clock that would be used by many.

Kennipohoppy
Yes but have it be sleep cycle... Pleaese spotify is the number one music app. And sleep cycle is the number one alarm. It only makes sense.
Kennipohoppy
Or just join with an all like sleep cycle so you access your music on spotify.
MarSin

MAKE THIS HAPPEN ASAP PLEASE ON WINDOWS, IOS ETC!!   

glitterophelia

I would absolutely love this for Windows tablet 🙂

onlyarmani

Guys Guys Guys.....I just figured it out.....Here is the Solution to your problem. (This will only work for PCs)

Make sure the 'Allow spotify to start from the web' option is selected under spotify preferences

First thing you need -Copy playlist HTTP Link

-Go to your spotify program and open your desired playlist.

-Right click on the playlist and select 'Copy HTTP Link'

Next

1. Open Task Scheduler on your PC

2. Under 'Action' 'Click New Basic Task'

3. Give your task a Name. Click 'Next'

4. Choose 'Weekly' as a trigger'.Click 'Next'

5. Give it a start date and time. Check the days you want the alarm to run.Click 'next'

6. Choose Action as 'Start a Program'

7. click on the Browse button and navigate to your browser installation location, choose the browser(Chrome, IE, Firefox etc)

8. Paste the playlist link that you had copied earlier in ' Add Arguments' Section and click next.

9. Enjoy

Fred

Congratulations on reaching 100 kudos. You rock, and obviously, so does this idea.
Hang on tight, you will soon (usually within a couple of months) see a reply from Spotify in this thread determining the future of the idea.

For those using the Spotify Linux client, check out Spotify Rise: https://github.com/neutreno/spotify-rise 🙂

savban

Spotify, have you figured out how to add this function yet?

I have a Samsung tablet that 'lives" at my bedside, and also an Android phone that charges every night there.  It would be wonderful to be able to use the tablet or cell phone to wake to Spotify music, to either a playlist or Spotify radio or even just one song.

JoeMax

Still nothing??

Anyone remember MusicMatch Jukebox? I think it came preloaded on a Dell desktop I bought about 15 years ago and I used to use their alarm clock function all the time! It was so simple, so easy, and so hard to believe that 15 years later a program like Spotify can't seem to roll it out. Especially by the numerous requests by paying Premium members!!! 

Spotify. Come onnn. Seriously. What's your deal?? Stop letting other people try (poorly) to write the code on this and just provide a service that gets it right the first time. I have faith in you!