Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
dannydavid

The sleep timer can be done easily, as it's just setting a timer on 'now playing'. For the alarm, there is already an iphone app that plays selected music for u in the morning as an alarm (premium users onlY), would be much better if an app in spotify 'app finder'. 

my #1 need is the sleep timer function, hope it gets built soon!

lovehandles84

I enjoy listening to sleepy jazz music, but it often wakes me up if I leave it on all night! Especially in radio mode..

Please add (i use android app) a sleep mode so it will turn off after some time?

Mike____

You can use an application like SleepTimer, it is free and it works great with Spotify.

lovehandles84

But Mike that means having more apps, I don't think it's a hard feature to add for all those thousands of users who don't want to install more and more apps, when a simple feature in the app they pay for can be added.

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello folks,

I just marked this idea as "Under Consideration" since we have passed it along and the Product Team is evaluating the idea and considering it. We will get back to you when we get news.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

stenrick

Another vote for a 'sleep timer'.  Love the app on my platforms:  PC, iPhone, iPad.  Could use a timer on all of them.

meganongfl

Was trying to suggest this for Spotify, its great someone has already done it. I wake up to music all the time and it would super awesome if Spotify can do this! 😃

trevinavery

I love this idea, however I would hope that it would be a setting. I don't want it to keep turning off on me when I'm listening at my desk for several hours.

lovehandles84

I have tried some sleep timer apps too, some don't work well at all with Spotify, some work well most of the time.. I still beleive an in-built sleep timer you can set up when you need would be perfect and is the only way to ensure there are no compatibility issues!

a_p_
I usually listen to music using Spotify Premium when I fall asleep, and normally on my iPod or even other music apps on my iPhone I can set a sleep timer to have my music stop playing after a certain time (ex. 30, 60, 90, etc. mins) to save my battery. But so far I have not seen any way to do that on my iPhone. Any ideas?

Thanks