Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
kjm322

I would really love a sleep timer option for Spotify Desktop.  I like listening to music and/or podcasts when I go to sleep but don't want it to play all night.

RickC

Don't hold your breath - this has been labeled a "Good Idea" with no plans to implement since 2012 and 67 pages of comments, all of which are pleading for a sleep timer to be implemented.   An intern could probably implement this in 3 weeks.  There is something behind the scenes going on here is my guess that must effect revenue.    In general, Spotify's product has stagnated over the last 2-3 years without any significant improvement or new feature impelement over that time.   Concerning since there are so many alternatives now. 

iamcarlah
Please Spotify, make this happen for Apple and Android users! 🙂
Amkiefer

This really is a shame... It appears to me that Spotify is far more interested in keeping the number of brand-new memberships on the rise (even if they leave a few moths later and far less interested in retaining those of us who maintained the service for years. The “Hulu” ploy is a perfect example; but not enough for me to come back. 3 years ago I joined the ranks of listeners leaving Spotify because they idled and stagnated; switching to another platform who may not always have the selections I am looking for but offer so much more capability and features to actually customize, enjoy and interact with the application and the music. I even downloaded a simple, basic, cut-&-dry sleep timer to work with the paltform I use now because the rest of its features make it worth it. Even a marketing ploy like adding Hulu to the service isn't going to cut it. It's not about the rainbows and squirrels and butterflies (there to entice, distract - which is good for gaining new memberships) – it’s about the bells and whistles and being able to customize my music and the listening experience to my feelings and moods, atmosphere or ambiance and retaining those who continue to pay for monthly subscriptions. This feature would bring me and so many I know back to Spotify yet with 67 pages of comments I have watched the replies come in and still, nothing. This year I will celebrate 16 years as a project manager in Information Technology. I have managed data center projects, web design and creative projects, and networking but now in my 7th year managing application development projects engineers and consultants I bring this up to explain how simple this would be to implement, and some have even gone so far as to show me how easy it would be to code, create and implement. Come-on Spotify. Get it together.

Amkiefer

Wow - even the ValueSurvey I was asked to complete after visiting the site - ISN'T WORKING!!!!!!!

danibihari

Hey,

My name is Daniel, Web, UI / UX designer

Thank for sharing your ideas.

I also think it would be useful, and l created a mockup for it.I hope the Spotify team will like it.

Spotify.jpg

paulatarzona

I'm using Spotify app on my Android device and noticed a Sleep timer option under the song menu. Hopefully this would be a permanent feature. Been waiting for this in the past 2 years and I'm loving it!IMG_20190525_041311.jpg

Wonginism

Seems like this feature is being rolled out. Just checked my Spotify from a S10+ and it was available and I don't have all the latest UI things either.

LauraEden

I found the sleep timer as well! Awesome!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-05-28

Hey folks,

The Sleep Timer for Music is rolling out on Android. You can check out more info about it here.

As soon as we have an update on this feature coming to iOS we will let you know on this idea board.

Thanks!