Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
Cheriepsw

Yesss please I need this feature on iOS, I love listening to your soothing / nature music to fall asleep to ,  it wakes me up in the middle of the night a few times.  

Zainaziz123

Hi when is this going to be implemented on IPhones?

Nilssonnils

How the **bleep** can you not have solved this in 7 years?? There must be something that you have against alarm clocks that play music from your service. Unbelievable. 

bill4364
I use android and I have a sleek timer......
Ajunyor

Switching to PANDORA!?!? It has been almost 4 months since we were last updated on this issue. I really love using Spotify but Pandora has the feature to wake up listening to music. I don’t want to switch, but I just want to wake up listening to a playlist... 

c20vckklgrgcv

How long until all androids are updated with this feature? I have a Samsung S9+ and I don't have this feature yet.

deckard

As far as I can see, sleep timer is implemented on my android app v8.5.27.957

When the music is playing, go to the "player screen" (the one that displays cover art and prev/play/next buttons, click on the menu in top right corner and select "sleep timer" from the menu.

RickC

By George - I believe they have finally implemented this.   You have to be in the player mode to get to the option to stop playing up to one hours in varying increments.  

Screenshot_20191016-153924_Spotify.jpgScreenshot_20191016-153928_Spotify.jpg

csunyafreemail

"As soon as we have an update on this feature coming to iOS we will let you know on this idea board." - why just for iOS? why is it so hard for you people to implement this super easy feature cross-platform since 2012 (7 years, **bleep** what a shame)? All of the music player apps (WinAmp, JetAudio, etc..) had this feature in the early 2000s, it is literally a one day job, essentially a call into the different kernels and that's it, wth is so hard that it takes you 7+ years to add this task to any intern who could probably do it in a day or two? Do you guys need help? Can we implement it for ourselves and you just have to merge a pull-request or what other miracles have to happen that someone spends a few hours on this low-hanging fruit?

inspir8tion

Can we get a sleep timer for IOS please?