Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
avalancha
There are many great ideas floating around here but this one is amongst the very best, Kudos!
Jveii
Agreed, a sleep timer would be an essential feature for me.
mfa298

Definetly a good idea. I'd really like a sleep timer. I often listen at night but usually haveto choose a suitable playlist so it doesn't play all night.

A variation that might also be useful is a configureable activity timer so that spotify stops if the computer has been inactive for a while (it should be possible to disable this as there might be instances where people want to play music continously)

musicgal672

Agreed. The music on my ipod is pretty rubbish. All my good music is on spotify so I'd love to be able to listen to it at night and have good music wake me up in the morning.

ajclarke

I also really would like this, on the basis I try and fall asleep to music, and right now thats not possible. I know it's not your fault, and its an inherent problem with ios 5.X.X.

This is a perfect solution which would also mean that these compatibility errors wouldnt occur in the future say for example when ios 6.X.X is released.

billchase2
I would definitely use both a built in sleep timer and alarm!
tobin

Would absolutely love this for my android phone - it would replace my old Chumby as my sleep/alarm, as Spotify doesn't work on that 😕

filmr

What are we waiting for people?!?! Let's do this!

robert_de_bruce
Sleep timer please
Callousp

please?