Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
Shampain

They just dont give a **bleep**. Im using Apple Music right now. And it doesnt seems like, im coming back. This is just embarrasing, like the people want something special from you. an sleeptimer is so absolut basic. 

amyulloa

Let’s all

invite a friend to vote for this!!! It’s been 6 years too long

883family

This Sleep mode would be a life saver as I can’t find any proper application that does it with my Spotify playlists on my IPhone. As I can’t get asleep without sounds this would truly be magical. Moreover if you could also develop a simple waker that works, no needs to make it complicated, just a simple layout with time and musical alarms from our playlists (many third parties pretend to integrate spotify in the waker app but it never really works! 

I truly believe that sleep and wake up founctions are a must have today and would be used by most of the spotify community. Thanks in advance 

Heliomalt

Next company who gives**bleep** about the community, just take money and ignore some simple additions. But if the Spotify developers are too dumb to add this feature, hire a freelancer, a skilled coder can make this happen for all platforms.

Serious, years and no solution, c'mon...

Shampain

They could but they just dont give a **bleep**. 

alvaresg

That’s an amazing idea!!! 😍😍🥰

my battery is pleasured now! 

Gunta

Ehh... It's 2019 and I still need to use third party apps to use sleep timer on Spotify. 

Jhor

I love the sleep timer on Spotify-I use it every night- but as an avid podcast listener, the preset countdown times are not always what I want in order to listen to more than one podcast. I would love a “custom” option that will allow me to select the # of minutes to put the sleep timer on for.

RickC

Unfortunately, the sleep timer is only implemented for pre-recorded podcasts.  No other streaming function of Spotify has this feature.  I have found this to be quite a deficiency with Spotify and have switched over to Pandora who is running a great introductory offer.   It's appears to favor its users needs and uses better.    I believe Spotify has been hearing complaints about this for years and turned a deaf ear on their community.  Ironic for a company whose customers listen - eh? 

Maru4127

Yes! Please become this idea into a reality!!!