Announcements

[All Platforms] Smart Shuffle based on Genre

Hello,

I've been using Spotify premium for over 4 years. An idea came to me recently and I'd like to share it - 

I think it would be a great idea to build the shuffling experience from our "Liked Songs". For example: While Shuffling our tracks there is an option to "like / heart / thumbs up / etc (whatever tool to click on)" our track so it continues to play similar songs in our library. 

Using shuffle, at least for me, is like playing russian roulette. It can go from heavy EDM to Tony Bennett real quick lol. So if we have an option to steer our songs in a more cohesive direction that would thus aid the total randomness that tends to happen when shuffling music. Think of Pandora Radio to have a real example of what I'm saying.

I hope this idea can manifest into a real tool soon.

Thank you for reading and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Matthew Woodstock

Updated on 2020-07-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-07-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Visitor

I can't understand why this is not done yet. I play my liked songs with the shuffle a d it is very disturbing to jump from yoga music to deep rap. Just put a option to activate this smart shuffle in the parameter and please leave us enjoy our music by genre with smooth transitions.