Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Social] A 'Spotify soulmate' in Wrapped

Since there is a Spotify Wrap at the end of the year there could also be a feature where you can see the user that was most similar to yourself over the whole course of the year, This could include their listening habits, music taste, favorite genre, favorite song etc...

It could be interesting to see who, out of the hundreds of millions of Spotify listeners, is just like you. It could be a novelty that is added to the Spotify Wrap.

Afterward, you can add them as a friend and share music in the future.

Updated on 2022-05-25

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
lilcrosser

that would be AMAZING. it would add to the social aspect of the app

prasannakvenkat

Amazing! This reminds of the content that I came across on Instagram that said,

IMG-20220613-WA0023.jpg

It's a brilliant idea and when Spotify does something like "Your Soulmate", people would go crazy! It paves way for more music discoveries and a music buddy. Building on the idea: Once users see their soulmate on their wrapped or something, how about add a blend button that curates a shared playlist with our soulmate that updates daily? 

ktb_ok

This is a great idea. Not to take away from the original post, but to perhaps build on it... 

Napster has an awesome feature called "Music Match" where you can browse a list of other people who are closely matched with you based on a percentage. Sifting through a person's recently played tunes or playlists whom you share an 83% percent match with (let's say) is a fascinating way to find new music you haven't yet discovered and songs you've forgotten about. It also fosters a strong sense of community.

Would love to see a "Spotify Soulmate" feature or something similar in Spotify.

MiaM

cute i guess but stranger danger make sure ppl can opt out

Foccus

Spotiflies

axydently

yessiirr I really need this to be an actual thing. it would AMAZING please make it happen spotify!!

lindsaypenkrat

amazing idea, make this happen!!

Antioch

This should definitely be opt-in imo. I keep my online presence fairly private and would kinda hate having that info shared with a stranger, even if they're rly similar to me. Would also increase the chance of matching with someone who would actually want to be friends for those who do participate.

Bittencourt

Great idea, and the "Blend" button addition would be the cherry on top 🤗

ParentalControl

No. This is a privacy concern. There are way to many issues with Privacy in Spotify as it is please don't add this unless it can be completely turned off.