Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Social] Allow us to change our username (at least once)

Ok I hope to God that you guys don’t shoot down my idea this time, I already feel as if I have no voice  or say in anything that Spotify does. And speaking of having no voice or say, I’ve been a Spotify user for years now. And my username was always the same as my display name. However, the day I change my display name, my username was changed to a bunch of random  letters and numbers, and I have to type in my email instead. I learned quickly that Spotify doesn’t allow users to change their usernames for identification purposes, and I understand that. But I already had a username and they changed it to a bunch of random letters and numbers, so why can’t I change it? This frustrates me so much and if this suggestion gets shot down, like my last one 🙄😑😔, I’m canceling my subscription. Thank you. 😕 (also I chose community for platform bc I can’t figure out which platform label I should label this is).

Updated on 2022-08-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

HeroRobertBrine

Oh thank the heavens they didn’t shoot this down! 

HeroRobertBrine

Here are all the links to my other ideas:

hesedee-chua

Hope that they really allow us to customize our username. I'm really jealous that old users were able to customize their username before. It feels that your account is very personalized.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

Ferms_Wolf

I agree with this...

Josiedaniellem

I agree

MABoykin13

That would be awesome feature update! Great idea! 

justleah

Yes please! I'm trans and I reeeally don't like seeing my deadname... 

mo_0711

This needs to be implemented!! Its not even that big of a change,, come on Spotify