Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Social] Allow us to change our username (at least once)

Ok I hope to God that you guys don’t shoot down my idea this time, I already feel as if I have no voice  or say in anything that Spotify does. And speaking of having no voice or say, I’ve been a Spotify user for years now. And my username was always the same as my display name. However, the day I change my display name, my username was changed to a bunch of random  letters and numbers, and I have to type in my email instead. I learned quickly that Spotify doesn’t allow users to change their usernames for identification purposes, and I understand that. But I already had a username and they changed it to a bunch of random letters and numbers, so why can’t I change it? This frustrates me so much and if this suggestion gets shot down, like my last one 🙄😑😔, I’m canceling my subscription. Thank you. 😕 (also I chose community for platform bc I can’t figure out which platform label I should label this is).

Updated on 2022-08-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
GDStPete1

why can't users change our own User names?

GDStPete1

WHY can't users change our own User Name?.... This company making  increased profits in each of last 5 years.  SERVICE your Customers... and pay your smaller artists 5Xs more....

GDStPete1

HORRIBBLE NO-Customer Service.  Why cant users change our own UserName once we're verified.....  2) SPOT appears too greedy... profits increased EACH of LAST 5 yrs.... & pay the ARTISTS MUCH morel !!

ravage928

Yeah I'm tired of having my real name as my Spotify account name. I don't feel comfortable sharing public playlists. Please implement this and don't strike it down cause "there wasn't enough votes"...if I read that one more time LOL

theknine2

please implement this!!! this is so important for privacy as well, as ppl with the non-generated usernames could be identified online with it.

itr

This.  I created my username a while ago, and I'm now trying to escape it.

It's still more desirable than a randomly generated username.

Co0ol

For years users are asking (Username change ) a no progress. 😗

I agree with this idea.

Jake-am

created my account with facebook, annoying that my user are a bunch of numbers. What if I want to share my profile? I can't remember that string.

Holley120

Oh my yes, please! My username is a lot of random letters from my youngin days.