Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Song Recycle Bin - Deleted songs recovery

You may accidentally erase a precious song on your playlist. Whilst spotify has an option to recover an accidentally deleted playlist, you can't recover a specific song. Whenever you make this kinds of mistakes unless you know the specific song you erased obviously. 

Vote if you want a "Deleted songs Recycle Bin" or so, a place where you can search through a history of deleted songs and restore them to where they were before deleting them

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-12-09

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Manimal_pro

I just deleted 2 songs from my liked songs accidentaly, and I don't know what they were. Add this feature stat!

lucandresen

It is very desperate to accidentally delete a song from your Liked Songs, but without knowing what song, in fact, it just happened to me yesterday on Android, I don't know what happened to the app, but when I wanted to scroll through my songs it opened the options of a random song and unfortunately I pressed "Delete from your Liked Songs" or something else says the option and I lost the song without knowing what song it was. 

Fortunately I was able to know the song that I accidentally deleted by contacting the Spotify support on Twitter, but it took too long, it was an unnecessary process, it is basic information that should be available to all users in their respective accounts. Please make this idea a reality!

Aganomnom

How is this not a thing yet? I used the Android TV client and was queuing up stuff. I browsed through the items in the list with my TV remote. The queue option is right next to the "like" toggle button. Since this is the liked list, if the like button is unticked the song simply disappears. One unregistered click from the TV remote in a quick click succession and your song is gone. I just did this, and out of stupidity I clicked the select button again to toggle it back, deleting a second song from the list. I have no idea what song it was, except that I saved a lot of good stuff at that time in the list.

Now it seems the only option I have is to request my personal data (which allegedly can take up to 30 days), and then hope for the best. This is really bad. I work with app development myself, and this sort of behavior (close buttons with no confirm option, no undo option, or recycle bin) is awful. I've been a paying user for almost 10 years now. I expect a bit more from you, it is not a very complex feature 😟

79Simon

Especially "delete" button is next "play" button in pc app...

Rim4

Haven't this recieved enough votes to get a status update? 

CaptaiNiveau

I keep coming back to this every other month when I accidentally hit the heart button when I want to choose which device I want to play the music on. 

I do remember which song it was, but I don't want to add it again since it'd be on top of my liked songs again, instead of its original place way down.

This problem is so easy to solve, it's really just a small confirm form, like "Do you really want to remove this song from your liked songs?" "Yes" "No".

And if you go all out, you could also add something like a recycle bin or at least a temporary undo button. But that confirm box alone would solve all of my issues with the like button.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

CosmoSS

Yo Spotify I’m 36 been with you from the start and got all my friends on you  early doors, but you guys who I LOVE SO MUCH have bungled this. I’m off to tidal for high quality audio. And because you don’t listen to your active, captive, passionate audience. Call me