[All Platforms] Spotify Kids: Request songs to be added to Spotify Kids

I'm delighted to see Spotify Kids launched and immediately got it for my 2 but some of their favourite songs aren't on there. They are on normal Spotify.

Can we have the option to request songs/albums to be added to Spotify Kids please? Or the ability as a parent to handpick tracks from Spotify you want to allow your child to access on Spotify Kids?

Updated on 2020-02-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-02-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Visitor

Like the idea of me being able to add songs/albums for my child to access via Spotify Kids (their profile) or at least be able for me to request additions in general (although I assume this would take time for action to be added). 

As an example, on normal Spotify there is an album called "Rockin' the times tables" by Education Box, which teaches the times tables to kids. This is not available on Spotify Kids, for which I would say this is aimed at. There is no way currently for this to be added or accessible via Spotify Kids for my child to access, that I know of.

Also happy for restriction on explicit material not being able to be shared, but think the family plan owner should have the ability to allow songs/albums via Spotify Kids for their consumption. Potential method would be the family owner to create a playlist on their account that can link to the child's Spotify account and therefore the content is still controlled for additions/deletions of content.

I think this is a great idea. I like the Spotify Kids UI, but I too would like to add missing songs/artists to my child account.

Either that or you need to improve your criteria for Kids content.

I just discovered Spotify kids via an email from Spotify and I am glad for it although my 12 year old finds it a little baby-ish AND I agreed with the idea that we should be able to add sonds from regular songs or atleast recommend them to be added to Kids Spotify.

My other request/ question: can it connect to ALEXA? My kids both have it in thier rooms and would like to play spotify kids on thier Alexa.

Thanks!

Aparna.

I second this idea! We just joined Spotify Family in order to get a Kid account with safer music, however, there are a few artists whom she listens to, those I would deem "safe," however are now unavailable on this account. It would be great if parents could add artists or songs to the kid account with permissions. Thanks!

Can The app Spotify Kids connect to Alexa? 

The Kids App was the reason for me to go into Premium, however a function to add specific music is essentiell - otherwise the whole setup would not make sense for me ... any workaround by "downloading"?

Casual Listener

This feature would be really useful. We're coming from Google Play Music as they don't have a way for under 13s to use the YouTube Music app that they're moving everyone to. On Play Music the kids loved the Phineas and Ferb music from the Disney cartoon. All that content is available on normal Spotify but in Spotify Kids there's only one or two songs from some albums, despite the whole album being appropriate. It would be really helpful if there were a feature to either manually add albums/tracks/playlists to a kids account or to request content to be reviewed for inclusion. As it is the kids are really disappointed with Spotify Kids because some of their favourite music isn't on there and they can't cast to our speakers.

Casual Listener

- A playlist that's shared accross the kids account and the parents account. The parent could add songs to the playlist and it's available for the kids

- Access to the full catalogue from Spotify kids: A request will be send to the parent like it's done by Google play store for kids.

- Parent mode in the kids app with access to full catalogue. Accessible with a parent password