Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify Lite Version

Please can you do a second simpler, less memory-hogging and bandwidth-hogging version of Spotify? i.e., Spotify Lite (I don't have a fast computer and even optimised I have big lag problems with other programs whilst Spotify is running.)

Updated on 2019-07-09

Hey folks,

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

Comments

Hey, it's been a few years, maybe get on this?

emyclone

im the only one use spotify because all complain about spotify app is too heavy in PC (low end pc), even if you compare with browser (youtube, joox, etc) spotify is heavy load (hardware acceleration disable).  sorry im premium user but not recommended if they play with pc.

AdrianPaul

it take a fair time to load and display and start playing music, especially if you have a lot of playlists

RandyBakken

+1 from me!

My home PC is fast enough this isn't a problem, but the spotify app will literally take 60 seconds to load on my poor old work PC, and it would be nice to have a more "basic" less visually appealing application. 

AdrianPaul

There have  been a lot of people asking for this and that's just those who found this thread!

DrZed

It's a great idea. Actual version is little bit slow on older phones and take a lot of resources whole time slowing other applications

LeMasoud

Hey there! So i just started using my Galaxy Nexus again and since Google started to run Go series of its apps for Android One Handsets i used those as substitute for GApps. I also checked and Twitter is also using some kinda Progressive Web Apps for its users so i thought it could be pretty nifty if you could port spotify web for PWA. pretty please?:-)

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-07-09

Hey folks,

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

_wojtek

@TomLegendWhy I can't get Spotify Lite in Poland???