[All Platforms][Subscription] Download invoices as PDF

Dear Spotify development,

I use Spotify extensively for my business (and privately). So as a business owner I can deduct these costs of my Spotify subscription (9,99 euro per month) partly from my income taxes. I need to show my bookkeeper invoices from Spotify… but oddly they do not exist!

Well... at least not in a more ‘professional’ form. We do get an overview of our invoices when we log into our account on www.spotify.com. But Spotify does not offer it’s paying customers the option to download them as a PDF.

Almost all of the services nowadays that I make use of offer me their invoices as PDF’s, but Spotify leaves their costumers behind in this. Not only by still not offering this user-friendly option, but also by not taking customer suggestions on this matter seriously:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Receipts-by-PDF/idi-p/1010888
(From 2015. 47 votes is apparently not enough to convince Spotify, because it uses the artificial ’50 votes’ border to close it down)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Subscription-Automatically-send-Spotify-...
(From 2016. 52 votes is apparently not enough to convince Spotify, because it uses the artificial ’50 votes’ border to close it down. I guess the extra 2 votes appeared after the idea was closed)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Subscription-Invoice-for-Premium/idi-p/1481058
(From 2016. 142 votes is apparently not enough to convince Spotify, because it uses the artificial ’100 votes’ border (it has upped the 50 mark to 100… not helping this suggestion!) to close it down. But meanwhile the idea attracted 142 votes, but it is still closed! )

etc, etc, etc.

Sorry, but WHEN are customers being taken seriously in this request? By now one can clearly SEE (looking at the amount of votes) that many customers are in need of a PDF download option for their invoices. If people see that their votes have NO influence whatsoever (by closing them even with enough votes present), people stop voting.

Spotify is a paid service and for paid services one expects a professional invoice in PDF format.

Thank you for finally listening to this very reasonable re-re-request from your paying customers.

Grover.

PS: there are workarounds to get our invoices as PDF’s, for example:

- On a Windows PC you can choose to Print the Spotify invoice-webpage as PDF (through the standard Windows Print functionality, where you need to select this printer driver),
- On an Apple iDevice with iOS 11 you go to the Spotify invoice-webpage and simply click the Share button and in the Share Sheet you will find the button [Create PDF]. Done!

(Obviously these workarounds should not be necessary in the first place)

Updated on 2019-03-17

Marked as a new idea 

This is a repost of the following inactive idea

>> What happens to the idea I submitted?

Comments
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-03-17

Marked as a new idea 

This is a repost of the following inactive idea

>> What happens to the idea I submitted?

jmbelloteau

Thanks for this idea @petshopgrover .

I also run a business and I really miss PDF invoice.

It could be nice to also have an option to get  PDF invoice by email each month.

Maybe you can add this idea to your thread?