Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
fvalcin

This is an absolutely necessary feature, IMHO. Having to re-enter the password each time you switch accounts is a major pain. 

wardoman

In our family we use three accounts right now (have Spotify family) and sometimes we need to change the used account on a unit. For us it would be very useful if we could save our accounts so that we can select user without having to write the username everytime.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-06-06

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Jokanok

Very much needed!!

Weerz

Its 2017 and switching in accounts is needed. Fore sure with family accounts!
A lot of apps have gone before u: Twitter, Instagram, Netflix etc.

In dutch we say: "beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht" 

This is a Dutch motto which roughly means in English: "It is better to steal something good then to invent something bad".

So lets get to it 😉

Weerz

When i search for multiple accounts or switching accounts, this is not the only topic,
In a way, they all mean the same but explained a different way.

This way we will never get the attention that is needed for making it happen.
Maybe a supervisor of the communicty can look some up and put them together?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2017-08-31

Hey @bgeuropefan thanks for your feedback. I've spoken with the teams behind this at Spotify and right now it's not on their immediate roadmap. However, they do think this is a good idea--just one that can't be prioritized at the moment. I've passed along the feedback you've all given here and I'll let you know if there are any updates. Thanks! 

lotekjunky

Does Google music or apple music have this feature? Asking for a friend.

KmingC

Strongly agree !!

this is very usefule function for Prenium (Family) account !!!

mikelieb

absolutly necessary. paying more for more features, but this easy switching is really missing. hope for this feature soon 🙂