[All Platforms][Subscription] Purchase Albums

Okay I made an account just for this idea. So it is fairly well knowen that Spotify has been losing money and is looking for ways to increase revenue. Latley they have been just asking more and what not and also offering lots of value for subscribe to Spotify but what if they could bring in an unexplored source of revenue?

Purchasing albums directly off spotify and a slight discount. Now I know people may be scratching my head their heads but just think of this: I love listening to spotify to discover different bands and albums. Some times I find an album that I absolutely love and that primarly due to Spotifies recommendation algorithm. If Spotify offered me to buy my absolutely favorite albums I would be exicted because I could just listen to those songs that I love offline. That's what I have been doing because typically I don't buy albums so the cost is cheaper than having a yearly subscription. I also do it because it know Spotify can be really hard on artist.

With this new implementation Spotify can negotiate a price of the revenue. They can show the artist how many times a customer was exposed to their album due to their algorithm. Artist can get paid for people buying their albums. Customers can get recommend their favorite albums at a slight disconnect while supporting their absolutely favourite artist. 

This is step in the right direction for Spotify, I hope they take it before some else does.

Updated on 2019-08-05

Marked as a new idea 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-05

Marked as a new idea 🙂