[All Platforms][Subscription] Student Discount Extension

Hi everyone,

I am currently a Student at Penn State University in a five year architecture program. I have contacted Spotify and Sheer ID multiple times to see if I can be able to extend my Student Membership into my fifth year at University. Unfortunately, Spotify does not allow any further renewals over four year. I am outraged. I am still a student and should be allowed to obtain a student discounted membership. I know there are a lot of people out there doing five year programs, continuing masters after bachelors, or maybe need to take a year or two extra to finish their studies. All of these people should be allowed an opportunity to verify their fifth or maybe six years of education to obtain a discount. College programs and educations do not always take four years to obtain. 

Updated on 2019-08-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Student-Discount-Extension-Graduate-Student...

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Student-Discount-Extension-Graduate-Student...

Visitor

I came here to post this idea. I am glad others are trying as well. 

The student track is not limited to only four years, and often, graduate school is incredibly expensive. I really hope we can see this vote through.

Casual Listener

Spotify,

You give only four years for the Spotify student discount. I would rethink your assumption of students only needing the discount for four years. Do you think all students can complete their studies within four years? What about graduate and professional students? What about adult learners? It is symbolic that you only think four years is needed for a student discount. Support life-long learning for students who have a verified student e-mail address. Do more research on your end in being a more inclusive community supporting education.

Casual Listener

Right there with ya! I recently just started my master's program and am having the same issue. 

I too made a post, see below 🙂 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Graduate-and-Doctoral-Student-Discount/idi-...

While I understand this four year cap for the traditional student, I would also like to point out that not every student completes their degree in four years. Currently, I am in my fifth year of college and am set to graduate with my Bachelor's in in 2020. This extension would help me tremendously! 

Casual Listener

I found out yesterday that even if you have a valid UNiDAYS account the maximum you can have Student Discount Subscription is 4 years. I wasn’t informed of this initially 4 years ago and it’s incredibly frustrating bearing in mind I have 3 more years of university to go through. I think this needs to change. I think it’s unfair to restrict the amount of time Spotify considers someone a student especially when they have a valid login for UNiDAYS