[All Platforms][Subscription] You can add a higher paying membership tier

If you had said to me 15 years ago you can access ANY SONG EVER PUBLISHED, I woulda been like "sign me up"

Then in 2008 you did and I was like "sign me up"

$10/mo? I held out for a few years. Then I subscribed! And boy is it worth it! I can access any song I like, whenever I like, and with my mobile phone wherever I like 😁 🤘

Now that I've gotten used to the concept of "streaming", the value of the Spotify service is more than $10/mo to me. Offline caching works really well for frequently played songs, and bandwidth is cheaper now.

I am so pleased with the variety, availability and quality of the Spotify library that I wouldn't mind paying $25/mo for the service. You could make another tier - a "more premium service" (eg offer Very High quality there only), but you have to do a better job with playback of blacked out songs -- two albums for example that are still blacked out are

Henry Rollins - Weight
https://open.spotify.com/album/0ojibvFQvx5EH53qEGnkAw

Noa - Blue Touches Blue
https://open.spotify.com/album/26bqqcxbNvHlmBIHp0scUD

But you did a great job recently getting Tool on your service, and Jay-Z also! Woot!!

I think your main opponent (and movie streaming platforms like Google Play Videos) is still the bit torrent. You need to be able to stop all illegal torrent action to protect your business. The illegal "free alternative" has to become totally unavailable.

If you do that I'm pretty sure you'd see profits increase. Once people get used to the idea of PAYING FOR MEDIA THEY ENJOY (a concept MANY young people are surprisingly AGAINST)

If you love it, why don't you show it. $10/month.

Some seem against the idea of paying for things they consider as "fun", or that are SO physically easy to steal (it makes them feel like a sucker..), but they will spend $10 on a single meal at fast food restaurants PER DAY

Updated on 2020-03-30

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

You might also be interested in supporting this idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-30

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

You might also be interested in supporting this idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.