Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
TiminBend

Please implement this idea.

Having history on only one device, especially these days, is no history at all.

@JonnyP wrote:

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-01-11

Marked as new idea.
As mentioned this idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

nycruz

I'm also surprised this isn't already a standard feature. I dont see why not since Spotify already syncs playlist and songs. 

Yrzmyrz

Good Idea. And just to make sure it is not forgotten, a date/time stamp is important. How often am I in another room (sleeping, bathroom, ...) and wonder which song might be played. Checking it out next morning would be great!

aevw

In a sense, last.fm provides this functionality already. 

fiendmish
In no sense does last.fm provide this functionality. I want it in the Spotify app not held in some separate unrelated space. For a cloud service this should be standard fare (for example chrome and safari sync my browsing history across devices)
ronoffringa

Yes! It drives me crazy that my recently listened to items don't sync everywhere. Just having that would make Spotify easier to navigate (not to mention remove the concern that I'm a crazy person because I thought for sure I'd listened to something). 

eevelyn

"I absolutely love my discover weekly playlists, they're so spot on that I'm pretty convinced you guys have built an AI and are forcing the poor thing to just make playlists.But I digress- this needs to happen otherwise I'll lose gorgeous songs like the song I lost last week. 'Cause see, I'm a busy girl and sometimes forget to add these perfect songs to their appropriate playlists. Imagine all the gorgeous songs lost to the infinite abyss. It's a travisty! Think of the songs. Please."

I'm qouting myself here from a dupi-post. '^^ 

donaldguy

As a former Rdio user, the lack of this is pretty close to driving me to go back to the drawing board and choosing a competitor

If you can compile the "Your Year in Music" reports effectively, you really _must_ already have this data.

Last.fm reporting from Spotify is spotty (seemingly only reporting from desktop, and only some of the time) and often scrobbles the wrong song entirely in my experience

I am very sad. 

CunninghamNick

I love the idea of unified play history!

Especially for Sonas, iPhone and Desktop! It should be the case if I listen on Sonas and then i'm out listening on iPhone I can check what I was listening to!